Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby uncleseano » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Say any ideas why I can't wear my green hero cap that was in the bonefire?
uncleseano

Postby Hrenli » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:31 pm

uncleseano wrote:Say any ideas why I can't wear my green hero cap that was in the bonefire?

You probably mean hearthfire (the green one). The only reason I can think of is that you try to wear it as a hat (i.e. put it into the regular hat slot). Shift-click it in the inventory and it should find its way to the cosmetic slot where it belongs.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Miss_Min » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:47 pm

vasvaril wrote:How can I make batter?

You need to have discovered (or been told about) all the ingredients. Also you need to be holding a bucket to put it in.

If you don't have the recipe for batter (Craft: Processing and Materials: Cooking and ingredients: Make batter), can you make any of the following: butter, carrot cake, fried egg, bread?
Miss_Min

Postby vasvaril » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:35 pm

Miss_Min wrote:

You need to have discovered (or been told about) all the ingredients. Also you need to be holding a bucket to put it in.

If you don't have the recipe for batter (Craft: Processing and Materials: Cooking and ingredients: Make batter), can you make any of the following: butter, carrot cake, fried egg, bread?

I already made some batter (and pancakes) last week, but the "make batter" icon is missing...
vasvaril

Postby ricky » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:52 pm

Could someone confirm the exact name for animal balls?

For instance, I know horses create 'Horse Bollock', but I'm uncertain about goat, pig, sheep, cattle. do they take the gender's name (bull bollock, ram bollock) or is it generic to the animal? need some info for wiki updating
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby sabinati » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:57 pm

vasvaril wrote:
Miss_Min wrote:

I already made some batter (and pancakes) last week, but the "make batter" icon is missing...

last update changed eggs and so you need to rediscover those, probably
sabinati

Postby vasvaril » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:02 pm

sabinati wrote:last update changed eggs and so you need to rediscover those, probably

That was the solution! Thank You!
vasvaril

Postby uncleseano » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Any handy way to see the HP of a boat? I'm getting messages saying it gets damaged on the sea. Not in the mood for drowning today

The magnifying glass doesn't seem to work
uncleseano

Postby Sevenless » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:22 pm

uncleseano wrote:Any handy way to see the HP of a boat? I'm getting messages saying it gets damaged on the sea. Not in the mood for drowning today

Only way I'm aware of is to start repairing it with appropriate material. Alternatively some of the custom clients have "show damage" views, but it can only show in 25% increments so it can be a bit misleading.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby uncleseano » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:21 pm

Sevenless wrote:
uncleseano wrote:Any handy way to see the HP of a boat? I'm getting messages saying it gets damaged on the sea. Not in the mood for drowning today

Only way I'm aware of is to start repairing it with appropriate material. Alternatively some of the custom clients have "show damage" views, but it can only show in 25% increments so it can be a bit misleading.

Gotcha, thanks. I've one last ocean stretch to go across till I've gotten to where I wanna go so I'll try and fix it up with some blocks. Thanks

EDIT: Dugouts are not very good at crossing deep waters
https://imgur.com/a/TVa8zXv
uncleseano

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?