Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Postby Granger » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:21 am

Uriel wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:I agree with snail, having ACTIVE scents such as theft should treat you like you have rage IMO. That way there's a penalty to being scented again.

Thats actualy good idea.

Add the word 'summonable' before the word 'scents' and I could, at first glance, agree with this.
Given that attaching gear to KO'd characters is removed and death protection gets hardcoded so we don't spent the next years on iterating over nerfing every weapon that still is able to end non rage & non criminal characters.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:36 pm

dageir wrote:I do sympathize with Your position, but as a business model hard core perma death is hard to sell. If you are a New player and have been playing for a month and then by chance run into PvP-ers you have in practice lost 1 month of progression.
The risk of that player quitting and never become a paying customer is huge. It all depends on the goal of the developers, really.

> start playing a full sandbox hardcore game with pvp
> get killed by one of the OG pvpers
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby sarkum » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Ardennesss wrote:I agree with snail, having ACTIVE scents such as theft should treat you like you have rage IMO. That way there's a penalty to being scented again.

This +1
THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL
sarkum

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:46 pm

Dammit loftar. Why you have to grow all the trees at once? Now I can't see the trees for the forest. :lol:
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby yakitori » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:31 pm

I study English now
I bought english study book

I will be back when my english is perfect
I never forget having playing Haven and Hearth with they

Russian cooke woman
Chile Nene LadyBu , Whve : Italy pizza Croatia: Repaer , Anaconda
Green Hills ppl + Dis ppl + Trollex and Telekines

and these Forum player bye
yakitori

Postby Mario_Demorez » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:35 pm

sarkum wrote:

This +1

Not sure why this was ever not a thing?
Mario_Demorez

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:01 pm

It would be a little silly to beat an opponent in a fight, him only be KOed because he's not a criminal, then for his friend to beat you then you die because you've an active battery scent on you.
I'd intentionally get KOed at the start of every fight, maybe even make alts for it...

How about a system where if you piss off a spookyboi with a b12 he can do like 60% of your HHP per hit so you've a decent chance to die if you can't adequately run away? That way punishments can be dished out based on might, not computer generated morality.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:08 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:It would be a little silly to beat an opponent in a fight, him only be KOed because he's not a criminal, then for his friend to beat you then you die because you've an active battery scent on you.
I'd intentionally get KOed at the start of every fight, maybe even make alts for it...

How about a system where if you piss off a spookyboi with a b12 he can do like 60% of your HHP per hit so you've a decent chance to die if you can't adequately run away? That way punishments can be dished out based on might, not computer generated morality.

see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby dageir » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:38 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
dageir wrote:I do sympathize with Your position, but as a business model hard core perma death is hard to sell. If you are a New player and have been playing for a month and then by chance run into PvP-ers you have in practice lost 1 month of progression.
The risk of that player quitting and never become a paying customer is huge. It all depends on the goal of the developers, really.

> start playing a full sandbox hardcore game with pvp
> get killed by one of the OG pvpers

You seem set in your ways. The game has become a lot more soft core the last couple of years. From an economical point of view this is probably sound.
dageir

Postby Lojka » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:52 am

problem is not in accidental deaths of non-rage characters

problem is in death penalty
it is so big push-back, that most playlers won't be able to participate in pvp-actions
some at least only if they make combat-alt, but most ppl don't want to feed many characters, they want to play as one.

so game says you - if you do not know how to fight - do not go to pvp
but how you will learn it, if you first attempt will half your characters stats

so half players just won't participate in pvp actions, and world will be more empty
Lojka

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements