TP Map Tool v4.0.27

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: TP Map Tool v3.2.9

Postby Mordyx » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:52 pm

Is that still working?

I got someones screen where they are using private app to share markers in village while mining. (it looks kinda fancy). Im not sure if im allowed to public that screen here.

Im looking for something similar. I would mark spots with hql stones/ores to be mined in future/rustroot readings/etc.

Anything like that?
Mordyx

Postby Telakh » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:20 am

Yeah, the project is still alive and developing. (sorry for being absent)
I will drop TP Map Tool v.4 in a day or two for those who are still interested. Just have to fix some minor issues and write a new manual.
It is available both as a personal mapping tool (for miners or solo players) with unlimited number of underground levels and zoom modes and as a client-server version which displays map from the server. With automatic session upload from the client and server map automerge functions. It should be suitable for a larger communities who would like to keep their map and marks private and constantly updated by the community members yet it will require to have an own hosting server/PC with a static address.
The will to do, the soul to dare.
Time Paradox gaming community.
Telakh

Postby Mordyx » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:08 am

Thats great.
Ill be waiting :D
Mordyx

Postby Hrenli » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:51 am

Telakh wrote:I will drop TP Map Tool v.4 in a day or two for those who are still interested.

Yessss please!
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Re: TP Map Tool v4.0.22

Postby Telakh » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:47 pm

Hey folks!
A stable version 4.0.22 has been uploaded. Please excuse me for the poor description as there a lot of changes including options and interface and more to come.
I have also uploaded a beta server distributive for those who are interested in a community map.

I would like to note that sometimes we still receive misplaced tiles (most of them are detected and auto-junked though) as both new ids.txt merging algorytm is used along with the tile compare in an old style.
PM me in Discord if you have any questions.
Regards.
Telakh

Postby DeadHazard » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:57 am

Telakh wrote:Hey folks!
A stable version 4.0.22 has been uploaded. Please excuse me for the poor description as there a lot of changes including options and interface and more to come.
I have also uploaded a beta server distributive for those who are interested in a community map.

I would like to note that sometimes we still receive misplaced tiles (most of them are detected and auto-junked though) as both new ids.txt merging algorytm is used along with the tile compare in an old style.
PM me in Discord if you have any questions.
Regards.

Cool. I was waiting a lot of time of this moment. Thank you!
DeadHazard

Postby Telakh » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:52 pm

Hey folks!
I have managed to fix some nasty GUI errors along with a bit more network stablility and finally discovered the source of a few remaining merging errors (ids.txt is also buggy).

So, 4.0.27 is on the line.
Changes:
1.Fixed bug that sessions sent to server are not removed with "delete sessions" option enabled.
2.Finally fixed merging errors regarding mistakes in IDS.txt file. Quite a few sessions will be considered broken. See error.log for details.
3.Added option to disable (by default) old map merging algorithm that used to compare all tiles as it takes quite a while on big map archive (15k+ tiles). Map merge will use only IDS.txt files to compare sessions if you don't select the second algorithm.
4.Selected marker types are memorized upon program closure and will be selected automatically upon startup.
5.Fixed current zoom level indication in the bottom line.

BTW, you can do your own custom markers if you did not know. Just drop them in the images folder and restart the map tool. Normally it is either 16x16 or 32x32 gif images up to 100kb size.
If you have some time (that I lack of badly) to draw some fine markers, you are welcome to share them.
Telakh

Postby DeadHazard » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:39 am

Telakh, can you add black background behind the text. It merges with the map. Will be cool.
DeadHazard

Re: TP Map Tool v4.0.27

Postby uncleseano » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:13 pm

I'm really stupid and can't get this to work. Even with the readme. I'm using Amber client....
uncleseano

Re: TP Map Tool v4.0.27

Postby Telakh » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:15 pm

Hi uncleseano.
I am sorry for poor description as I am constantly short on time. I'm wokring on a better readme and will post it in about a day.

I have uploaded v.4.0.28 that should be more user-friendly on first launch. Settings.xml file is missing in the distributive now and will be generated during the fist run.

Please note that in order the map tool to work you have to make sure that:
- you have downloaded the entire TP Map Tool folder.
- you have .net Framework 4.5 or higher installed.
- your game client does save the map sessions (this option is disabled by default now).
- TP Map Tool has enough permissions to create files and folders at it's own folder.

During the first startup the program will do the following (if Settings.xml file is missing):
- Generate settings.xml file.
- Set the default map archive path to the \<TP Map Tool path>\Map\ and create the specified folder. (lets call it <MapArhive> further)
- Set the map layers path to the \<MapArhive>\Layers\ folder and create a first layer folder if it is missing: \<MapArhive>\Layers\1. Surface\

You should be able to see the "1. Surface" layer upon startup in the layers. The map will be blank black as there are no tiles yet.
You have to open options and set the map sessions path to the folder that contains client map sessions. Example: C:\Games\Ender\Map\ You may also want to change the map archive path to a different folder. If you want to create more layers (for caves), you will have to do it manually at this point by creating more folders at \<MapArhive>\Layers\
If you start a Merge from the menu with an empty archive, the MapTool will copy the first available session from the sessions path and will start making map from this session or you may copy one or a few tiles from a session of your choice to the \<MapArhive>\Layers\1. Surface\1\ folder and your map will be merged from this point.

Please let me know if you have any questions or face any errors.

DeadHazard , I will make it possible in a couple of days. Cheers.
Telakh

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower