Client performance rant

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Client performance rant

Postby shubla » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:40 pm

I wonder how big the fps rise will be, divided by the days that the coding took!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Schro » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:55 pm

shubla wrote:I wonder how big the fps rise will be, divided by the days that the coding took!

maybe the new client will be ascii based, written in assembler and merging with a persistant dwarf fortress world for all we know *shrugs*
Behold the power of ADHD and autism combined.(fml)
Schro

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:05 pm

Any update on that?
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:07 pm

1. Animated meshes
There's been a lot of talk lately about extremely poor performance in larger fights. While I still haven't been able to reproduce anything close to the extreme levels that people have been talking about (1-2 FPS in a fight with a few tens of people), it seems safe to say that it's primarily a matter of animating the player characters involved. Despite my lack of ability to reproduce those particular situations, I have on the other hand noted myself that large numbers of livestock are a big part of slowdowns in complex village scenes, so it seems like an area of particular urgency anyway, and I figure fixing one should have a good chance of fixing the other as well.

why dont you just join 1 meteor fight as a bystander and watch. i get like ranges of 10/30 fps sacraer turned off character animations and he got like an extra 20 fps from that.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:21 pm

Maybe loftar has bought and overclocked some new fancy super fast processor with money from hats, so he does not get any lags in these fights?
He should perhaps try with another computer if he doesn't get lags.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby loftar » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:41 pm

shubla wrote:Maybe loftar has bought and overclocked some new fancy super fast processor with money from hats, so he does not get any lags in these fights?

I'll have you know I'm using an i5 2400 since about six years.

The main reason I haven't tried watching any fights in action is that it's kinda hard to find them, but it is true that meteors might give a good way for me to do so. I'll try to remember that for the next meteor, for sure.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Headchef » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:07 pm

loftar wrote:
shubla wrote:Maybe loftar has bought and overclocked some new fancy super fast processor with money from hats, so he does not get any lags in these fights?

I'll have you know I'm using an i5 2400 since about six years.

The main reason I haven't tried watching any fights in action is that it's kinda hard to find them, but it is true that meteors might give a good way for me to do so. I'll try to remember that for the next meteor, for sure.

Yes and keep tracking on and don't disable animations of characters it will be fun.
Headchef

Postby loftar » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:26 am

Headchef wrote:Yes and keep tracking on and don't disable animations of characters it will be fun.

What does "tracking" even mean?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby boshaw » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:32 am

loftar wrote:
Headchef wrote:Yes and keep tracking on and don't disable animations of characters it will be fun.

What does "tracking" even mean?

He goes into big 30/40 man fights with "Toggle Tracking" (scents) on since he loves seeing hundreds of scents while fighting for some reason.
boshaw

Postby Headchef » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:36 am

No, I recommend Loftar to try it and watch the scents alone fry the computer.
Headchef

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower