Bounding Box Bug Bothers Boy; Brings Big Badness

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Bounding Box Bug Bothers Boy; Brings Big Badness

Postby Ysh » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:03 am

Rotating affect ability to placing object. I think this is not good.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Re: Bounding Box Bug Bothers Boy; Brings Big Badness

Postby jorb » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Will look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby loftar » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:20 pm

That being said, though, your custom client simply doesn't display the correct bounding boxes, which is probably what confuses you in this case.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Ysh » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:21 pm

loftar wrote:That being said, though, your custom client simply doesn't display the correct bounding boxes, which is probably what confuses you in this case.

I am aware Amber boxes are not authoritative. But I think only way this can happen is if center of box is not real center of object despite this.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby loftar » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Ysh wrote:I am aware Amber boxes are not authoritative. But I think only way this can happen is if center of box is not real center of object despite this.

Rather, because the bounding boxes are not symmetric around the center.
loftar

Postby Ysh » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:01 pm

loftar wrote:
Ysh wrote:I am aware Amber boxes are not authoritative. But I think only way this can happen is if center of box is not real center of object despite this.

Rather, because the bounding boxes are not symmetric around the center.

I think this is words that have same meaning. Unless maybe box shape is not necessarily rectangle. Either way, is this rotation matters placement intended?

Ysh

Postby loftar » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Ysh wrote:Either way, is this rotation matters placement intended?

It is not; rather, it is an artifact of how bounding boxes had to be specified prior to floating-point coordinates, and now that we have those it should be changed. I have a few other changes that are related to the same thing, though, so I'm shooting for fixing a couple of things in one go at some point.
loftar

Postby Ysh » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:08 pm

loftar wrote:
Ysh wrote:Either way, is this rotation matters placement intended?

It is not; rather, it is an artifact of how bounding boxes had to be specified prior to floating-point coordinates, and now that we have those it should be changed. I have a few other changes that are related to the same thing, though, so I'm shooting for fixing a couple of things in one go at some point.

Thank you.

Ysh

Postby jorb » Tue May 07, 2019 7:49 pm

This has since been fixed.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:09 am

I think it isn't. tried to build a couple of beds in the same spot. can place a costruction sign from south, but can't from north.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Return to Bugs