Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Strandmullen » Mon May 06, 2019 10:20 pm

Does anyone have an estimate of the probability of this? I take it a cave angler can spawn when you pick a lamp stalk, but I have picked 200-300 lamp stalks now in a place where cave anglers regularly spawn without this happening once.
Strandmullen

Postby bmjclark » Tue May 07, 2019 12:11 am

uncleseano wrote:I have a main, a hunter/fighter/forager and a Miner.

I guess with the three I should be ok. I'll look into farting out a village so

If the authority of the village runs out will that render the P-Claim within in free picking for everyone?

The auth drain on a vclaim is negligible anyways tbh. A single char with very nooby curios should be able to maintain it.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby uncleseano » Tue May 07, 2019 4:21 pm

bmjclark wrote:
uncleseano wrote:I have a main, a hunter/fighter/forager and a Miner.

I guess with the three I should be ok. I'll look into farting out a village so

If the authority of the village runs out will that render the P-Claim within in free picking for everyone?

The auth drain on a vclaim is negligible anyways tbh. A single char with very nooby curios should be able to maintain it.

Built the idol last night. Even went to that site for the preview to get the aesthetic right for my base. I have 3 decent characters so I'm not worried about upkeep anymore.

Portico here I come
uncleseano

Postby wizbiz » Wed May 08, 2019 12:13 am

Is there a way to get horses into mines/caves from the surface? If there is, is there a way to use wagons inside caves at all?
wizbiz

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 08, 2019 12:46 am

wizbiz wrote:Is there a way to get horses into mines/caves from the surface? If there is, is there a way to use wagons inside caves at all?

Yes. You have to line up sideways to the entrance. Same goes with doorways. It takes practice, and stairs are impossible this way. You can leash an animal and lead it, however, caution should be taken if you don't know where your character will land. You can end up with an animal stuck on cliffs if exiting a cave in the wrong place.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby wizbiz » Wed May 08, 2019 1:04 am

MagicManICT wrote:
wizbiz wrote:Is there a way to get horses into mines/caves from the surface? If there is, is there a way to use wagons inside caves at all?

Yes. You have to line up sideways to the entrance. Same goes with doorways. It takes practice, and stairs are impossible this way. You can leash an animal and lead it, however, caution should be taken if you don't know where your character will land. You can end up with an animal stuck on cliffs if exiting a cave in the wrong place.

Ah thanks. I was able to manage it while riding a horse. Wasn't able to get it to tow a wagon through a cave entrance but oh well.
wizbiz

Postby Apocoreo » Wed May 08, 2019 5:43 am

How do Lynx Claw Gloves and Cutthroat knuckles add damage? Is it only to UA attacks or can I use them with a weapon? For that matter, if I wield two weapons which one does it use?
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 08, 2019 9:25 am

Apocoreo wrote:Is it only to UA attacks

Correct.

Apocoreo wrote: can I use them with a weapon

Sure, but it only adds to UA attacks, so they're useless if you have a complete melee deck instead of a mixed one.

Apocoreo wrote:if I wield two weapons which one does it use

If you have a sword and axe, it will use the appropriate one if you have different attacks, such as raven's bite or chop. I'm not sure when it comes to attacks that could use either weapon--it could be 'undefined' as it it may use either weapon seemingly randomly, or prefer the 'right hand weapon.' I'm not really sure it's worth the effort given the low damage of single-hand axes compared to swords.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Apocoreo » Wed May 08, 2019 6:37 pm

Thanks Magic Man, will still use lynx gloves for the agility bonus.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Bokoura » Sat May 11, 2019 2:56 pm

I've had two shields disappear recently. I was online to witness the disappearance both times. Not exactly sure what happened to the first one, but the second one I noticed that I right-clicked a shield I had temporarily placed on the ground. My inventory was full and my hands were both occupied by a shovel, and the shield just disappeared. It's not in my inventory, in my equipment, or on the ground. Am I missing something here? Is this a bug?
Bokoura

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?