Game Development: Perry Flotsam

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Perry Flotsam

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sat May 11, 2019 12:08 pm

to be fair though, my icicle studies regularly include both troll skulls and whale blowholes
ChildhoodObesity

Postby wonder-ass » Sat May 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Kaios wrote:
jorb wrote:
Kaios wrote:You especially helped them out with this by giving them the bashing changes.

You know me, everything I touch turns to ash.

I'm not saying it's an unfair change to be able to bash walls that aren't claimed but I am sure you realized when you implemented it that there would only be one or two factions that actually had someone with the strength capable of doing so. Then they also have the means to setup the village over any resources they want to keep, build a charterstone, etc.

you only need like 300 str with a sledgehammer to be able to bash walls lol.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Granger » Sat May 11, 2019 2:59 pm

wonder-ass wrote:you only need like 300 str with a sledgehammer to be able to bash walls lol.

I would really like to know the percentage of characters that have 300+ STR by now.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby loskierek » Sat May 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Granger wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:you only need like 300 str with a sledgehammer to be able to bash walls lol.

I would really like to know the percentage of characters that have 300+ STR by now.

i am a hermit i can bash walls, its not hard
loskierek

Postby MagicManICT » Sat May 11, 2019 3:45 pm

Granger wrote:

Anyone that is a miner or hunter probably has it, if not through raw stats, then can be boosted easily. My eternal noob self was already there. The answer is "enough."

I'll grant that a hermit might have a harder time getting to the required number. I know I never got raw stats much above 100-150 by this time the last couple of worlds. There's just a lot of game to experience and a lot of things that need done for a single person no matter the number of accounts being ran at once.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Kaios » Sat May 11, 2019 3:48 pm

Oh did they lower the soak that much on them? Or why is the requirement so low compared to the 760+ or whatever it was with sledgehammer before.
Kaios

Postby MagicManICT » Sat May 11, 2019 4:04 pm

Kaios wrote:Oh did they lower the soak that much on them?

By 5 points to 20. It was posted very early in the thread.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Kaios » Sat May 11, 2019 4:12 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Kaios wrote:Oh did they lower the soak that much on them?

By 5 points to 20. It was posted very early in the thread.

I knew it was lowered a bit but I didn't think a 5 point difference amounted to that much change in strength requirements, looking at the wiki now though I see the soak of palisades used to be 30 before it was 25 as it hasn't been changed on there for awhile I suppose. Is brick wall still 50? And doesn't such a low soak value significantly ease the requirements for battering ram too?
Kaios

Postby loskierek » Sun May 12, 2019 12:14 am

credit goes to ardeness :D
loskierek

Postby Glac1al » Sun May 12, 2019 9:17 am

This might have been suggested before, but I think some of the best catch up mechanics could be accelerating satiations restoration for people that have joined late into the world, doesn't really break the world around them that way and what not. Not sure what would be a good overall change to help them in terms of the world and progression itself, ambient ore quality increase that's mostly prevalent on the first cave levels and tapers off in depth? In terms of end game people couldn't care less for sub 100 metal qualities so that might be fine even if it's fairly small. Dunno what's the distribution of ores quality on lower levels as I've just recently started helping our village's miner with that stuff.
Glac1al

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements