Game Development: Perry Flotsam

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Perry Flotsam

Postby loskierek » Sun May 12, 2019 9:31 am

Glac1al wrote:This might have been suggested before, but I think some of the best catch up mechanics could be accelerating satiations restoration for people that have joined late into the world, doesn't really break the world around them that way and what not. Not sure what would be a good overall change to help them in terms of the world and progression itself, ambient ore quality increase that's mostly prevalent on the first cave levels and tapers off in depth? In terms of end game people couldn't care less for sub 100 metal qualities so that might be fine even if it's fairly small. Dunno what's the distribution of ores quality on lower levels as I've just recently started helping our village's miner with that stuff.

that means a well estabilished player could make an alt with better satiation restorations and far supperior foods rendering catch up mechanics useless, any and all catch up mechanics are not worth the time if u want to CATCH UP with big players join a faction

ALSO bring back cascades, cause if someone leaves corners unselead they might easily cover the part of the sieged wall with another layer which will render the drying time of ur wball for example useless, we need cascades stop protecting us from enjoying the game dudes....
loskierek

Postby Ganhart » Sun May 12, 2019 2:06 pm

jorb wrote:Gathering resources from natural wonders now takes about 2 minutes per unit harvested. The idea being to make life a little harder for alt gatherers, and to give some chance to contest the items. Unsure if meaningful.

This change doesn't make any sence for at least half of natural wonders, keep them for icicles, salt, rock crystal. The rest wonders usually are not camped so this change just adds plain unnececary pain to the gameplay.
Ganhart

Postby Hasta » Sun May 12, 2019 2:37 pm

It just occured to me, "plain unnecessary pain" seems to be the "go-to" fix for most of H&H's problems. If it doesn't work, the devs conjure up something more dev-ious, but not before they try the "P.U.P." thing. Look, it's right there in the OP:
jorb wrote:The idea being to make life a little harder <...>. Unsure if meaningful.
Hasta

Postby Glac1al » Sun May 12, 2019 3:49 pm

loskierek wrote:
Glac1al wrote:This might have been suggested before, but I think some of the best catch up mechanics could be accelerating satiations restoration for people that have joined late into the world, doesn't really break the world around them that way and what not. Not sure what would be a good overall change to help them in terms of the world and progression itself, ambient ore quality increase that's mostly prevalent on the first cave levels and tapers off in depth? In terms of end game people couldn't care less for sub 100 metal qualities so that might be fine even if it's fairly small. Dunno what's the distribution of ores quality on lower levels as I've just recently started helping our village's miner with that stuff.

that means a well estabilished player could make an alt with better satiation restorations and far supperior foods rendering catch up mechanics useless, any and all catch up mechanics are not worth the time if u want to CATCH UP with big players join a faction

That's where you add a cap for good measure so it's a catch up mechanic and not some botched thing, besides people making alts will want low satiations nowadays with the good foods they have because satiations scale with hunger now so it's easier to ramp up alts until the foods stop popping stats in a single meal.
Glac1al

Postby Granger » Sun May 12, 2019 5:32 pm

Glac1al wrote:That's where you add a cap for good measure so it's a catch up mechanic and not some botched thing, besides people making alts will want low satiations nowadays with the good foods they have because satiations scale with hunger now so it's easier to ramp up alts until the foods stop popping stats in a single meal.

Which basically means that it isn't a catch-up mechanic (as new characters don't have access to that kind of food) but mechanic perfect for an alt-factory.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby KwonChiMin » Sun May 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Gathering heartwood leaves now.. Have a lot of time to shitpost on forum.

I wonder if someone will give a fuck to let Fairy Mushroom get all of its 30 charges and make a nice 1 hour video.
KwonChiMin

Postby czaper2 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:31 am

Gathering resources from natural wonders now takes about 2 minutes per unit harvested. The idea being to make life a little harder for alt gatherers, and to give some chance to contest the items. Unsure if meaningful.

Thanks btw, I just took about 40 midge damage trying to get 1 lotus bloom.

Great change.

Top notch.

10/10
czaper2

Postby Granger » Mon May 13, 2019 10:11 am

czaper2 wrote:Thanks btw, I just took about 40 midge damage trying to get 1 lotus bloom.

That's on you for ignoring the environment.
Granger

Postby Hasta » Mon May 13, 2019 10:17 am

Granger wrote:
czaper2 wrote:Thanks btw, I just took about 40 midge damage trying to get 1 lotus bloom.

That's on you for ignoring the environment.

Yeah. Fcking global warming.

Also, if the "environment" of the Lotus Bloom is "a swamp", I dare you to find one swamp you could stand still for 2 minutes and not get a midge bite.
Please stop dismissing valid arguments with true but unrelated to the game and the point of discussion (or anything, really) comments.
Hasta

Postby Granger » Mon May 13, 2019 10:22 am

Though you can pull any midges away from where you want to spend time. But I agree that it's annoying and my suggestion to make open fire (eg. a burning torch in the hand) deter them from eating the character exists since a while.
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements