Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby AntiBlitz » Thu May 23, 2019 12:49 pm

i think it was stated that it halves the qa, with a baseline of 10, being the lowest. nothing effects its qa upward, its just meant to allow you to plant more trees quickly.
AntiBlitz

Postby donatas081294 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:51 pm

Does quality of the cauldron matter for making bone glue? or is it just the material used, water quality and the skills? Not the cauldron itself.
donatas081294

Postby Headchef » Thu May 23, 2019 1:03 pm

donatas081294 wrote:Does quality of the cauldron matter for making bone glue? or is it just the material used, water quality and the skills? Not the cauldron itself.

Headchef

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 23, 2019 3:32 pm

donatas081294 wrote:Does quality of the cauldron matter for making bone glue? or is it just the material used, water quality and the skills? Not the cauldron itself.

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Haven_and_Hearth_Wiki
most of these questions are answered here. I wanted to let you know this exist and is very helpful for new players.
Mario_Demorez

Postby donatas081294 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:24 pm

Does the quality of the study desk matter for the curios placed on it?
donatas081294

Postby shubla » Sat May 25, 2019 7:24 pm

donatas081294 wrote:Does the quality of the study desk matter for the curios placed on it?

no
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Kozzacks » Wed May 29, 2019 7:01 pm

Is psyche even worth boosting? All the psy food seem really bad and rare. And psy itself seems like it's useful for very few recipes. Would it be easier to just ignore psy and trade for the niche things that psy produces?
Kozzacks

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 29, 2019 9:51 pm

Kozzacks wrote:Is psyche even worth boosting? All the psy food seem really bad and rare. And psy itself seems like it's useful for very few recipes. Would it be easier to just ignore psy and trade for the niche things that psy produces?

Go and find some silver. forge yourself some rings. Report back if psyche is worthless.

The math used to determine the softcaps is based around geometric progression, and the "geometric mean" is used quite frequently. This translates to the cap trending towards the lowest stat strongly, so if you have 10 psy, and 300 smithing, your cap is still only going to be around 55. (Compare to 155 if it were the arithmetic mean.) You have to greatly increase your other stats to make up for what just 10 points in that low stat could increase it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Kozzacks » Wed May 29, 2019 10:33 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Kozzacks wrote:Is psyche even worth boosting? All the psy food seem really bad and rare. And psy itself seems like it's useful for very few recipes. Would it be easier to just ignore psy and trade for the niche things that psy produces?

Go and find some silver. forge yourself some rings. Report back if psyche is worthless.

The math used to determine the softcaps is based around geometric progression, and the "geometric mean" is used quite frequently. This translates to the cap trending towards the lowest stat strongly, so if you have 10 psy, and 300 smithing, your cap is still only going to be around 55. (Compare to 155 if it were the arithmetic mean.) You have to greatly increase your other stats to make up for what just 10 points in that low stat could increase it.

I should have been more specific with my questions:

1. What is PSY used for aside from jewelry and lore/psy boosting gear?
2. How big of a hindrance is it to balance PSY with other stats?

I'm mainly asking because I'm making a character that will never touch smithing.
Kozzacks

Postby MagicManICT » Thu May 30, 2019 9:03 am

If you have no use for crafting anything that requires psy, then no, you don't need to bother raising it. There are some curios that it impacts, so it might be worth some points here or there, but otherwise it has no other impact on the game at this time.

In case you decide you will be doing mining and/or making jewelry, it's not hard to raise with cheese. Several other foods give pretty good bumps at decent quality, though it tends to be on the <50% side of most foods it is on.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?