Navigation

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Navigation

Postby rt79w » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:25 pm

Is it possible to enable the ability to make the character move while holding down the left mouse button, and follow where the mouse cursor moves?
rt79w

Re: Navigation

Postby LostJustice » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:39 pm

There are obscure ways to do it but I think either in Pasta or Ardennes client there was a way to queue up map clicks so you could travel long distances like that. Basically place down the clicks and go afk.
LostJustice

Postby MadNomad » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:30 pm

did you mean an immediate change of direction as you move the cursor? I don't think so!
MadNomad

Postby kiddoinc » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:35 pm

Ardennes has something like this I think. Shift + left click makes the character move in that direction. Works only sometimes though, like it has to be a click on a non object.

That's as close to click-hold move as there is in this game. I'm with you, less clicking is better. I dont need carpal tunnel.
kiddoinc

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:52 am

"Shift+click" is a general feature to move a character in one direction for some length of time (not forever) or until hitting an obstacle that it can't slide past.

rt79w wrote:Is it possible to enable the ability to make the character move while holding down the left mouse button, and follow where the mouse cursor moves?

MadNomad wrote:did you mean an immediate change of direction as you move the cursor? I don't think so!

This is exactly what is being asked for. It came up in another thread in the last week or two. (maybe the same person? I'd have to look.)

I'd think that if the mouse is held down, it wouldn't be too hard to code in a click off to the server in whatever position the mouse is in, say once every 3-4 frames (10x/sec tops?) just so the server doesn't get spazzed out with clicks too frequently.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby rt79w » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:35 am

Yes an immediate change of direction. Hold left mouse button and the character moves, move the cursor and the character follows the cursor.
rt79w

Return to The Wizards' Tower