All my claims pole settings have been erased.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

All my claims pole settings have been erased.

Postby czaper2 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:16 pm

Loftar pls....
czaper2

Re: All my claims pole settings have been erased.

Postby dageir » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:22 pm

World 12 when?
dageir

Postby stickman » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:13 pm

just want to mention myself and everyone in our village had this happen as well. so looks like everyone.
stickman

Postby czaper2 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:23 pm

From Discord:

@Loftar looks like all claims permissions moved 4 colors right

All green permission on pclaims are now yellow

All blue are red etc

Kinda dangerous if you know someone who marked you yellow. And everyone who logs in right now probably can’t move until their LS is online
czaper2

Postby Joshk80k » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:37 pm

Jorb/Loftar, is this reversible? My LS literally just left on a 2+ week trip and didn't plan on accessing H&H...please, I don't want our animals to die!
Joshk80k

Postby Kaios » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Nothing was changed regarding permissions in the prior patch so how did this get messed up in the first place? Unless it has to do with the siege warning change?
Kaios

Postby borka » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:04 pm

czaper2 wrote:From Discord:

@Loftar looks like all claims permissions moved 4 colors right

Can't confirm this but settings for pclaims i did are for sure changed ... hello database :?
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Kandarim » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:20 pm

czaper2 wrote:Kinda dangerous if you know someone who marked you yellow. And everyone who logs in right now probably can’t move until their LS is online

Seems it didn't overflow circularly -- i.e. my settings for purple did not end up at red.
However, in my case, I have purple for my own chars so that everybody red would have ended up there. Scary.
Kandarim

Postby loftar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:17 pm

Terribly sorry about that. It is exactly as you say that the permissions have effectively shifted four positions to the right. I guess that failure mode was a bit too esoteric for me to catch in testing.

Unfortunately, the new data has already been saved, so I don't think there's any reasonable way for me to restore them as they were (well, other than completely restoring from yesterday's backup, which I doubt anyone would prefer). It's probably not even obvious that doing so would even be better if I could, since that would also revert changes that people have made since and expect to remain. I mean, I could do something like blanket-resetting all permissions just to ensure that no inappropriate ones are set inadvertently, but I'm not sure that would be better.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Headchef » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:44 pm

loftar wrote:Terribly sorry about that. It is exactly as you say that the permissions have effectively shifted four positions to the right. I guess that failure mode was a bit too esoteric for me to catch in testing.

Unfortunately, the new data has already been saved, so I don't think there's any reasonable way for me to restore them as they were (well, other than completely restoring from yesterday's backup, which I doubt anyone would prefer). It's probably not even obvious that doing so would even be better if I could, since that would also revert changes that people have made since and expect to remain. I mean, I could do something like blanket-resetting all permissions just to ensure that no inappropriate ones are set inadvertently, but I'm not sure that would be better.

Your humble apologies will do for now... Now back to the client rewrite please so maybe I can witness it before dying of old age
Headchef

Next

Return to Bugs