Food & Level Scaling Rework

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Food & Level Scaling Rework

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Whaddayathinkabout...

• We remove satiations.
  • Drinks are changed to buff particular food categories, rather than heal satiations.
  • The formula for calculating HP is presently 100*√(CON/10). Combat damage, demolition damage, Agility comparisons, and HP calculations all use a square root. We rework the scaling of combat damage, demolition damage, Agility comparisons, and HP, to use a 4th root, rather than a square root, i.e. your HP would be 100*∜(CON/10). By way of example, 5k con would give ~472 HP under the suggested paradigm, rather than ~2236 HP as presently. We heal everyone on first login under the new system.
  • We do something similar for additional HP from dungeons.

TLDR: You would be much freer to level up, the food system would be less of a pain -- you wouldn't be punished for eating apart from hunger, and personal consumption rate would probably cease being your bottleneck -- while the yield curve from eating would be significantly flatter to compensate.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Food & Level Scaling Rework

Postby abt79 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:08 pm

Yes.
abt79

Postby Makzul78 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Thank you :D
jorb wrote:Inb4 red bounding boxes, movement indication vectors, &c&c. Bye art, hello matrix, tru pvp4lyfe #winning.
Makzul78

Postby kaysaari » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Absolutely do it. Simpler is better.
kaysaari

Postby L » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:10 pm

I like the food rework. Removes the tedious satiations while keeping drinks relevant and interesting.
L

Postby Fostik » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:11 pm

jorb wrote:The formula for calculating HP is presently 100*√(CON/10). Combat damage, demolition damage, and HP calculations all use a square root. We rework the scaling of combat damage, demolition damage, and HP, to use a 4th root, rather than a square root, i.e. your HP would be 100*∜(CON/10). By way of example, 5k con would give ~472 HP under the suggested paradigm, rather than ~2236 HP as presently. We heal everyone on first login under the new system.

Dont see any reason to do this.
As always it will be ok for 2% of playerbase, and will make game unplayable for all others, there will be no point of raising const at all.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Fierce_Deity » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:12 pm

I think it sounds okay. PvE, in 1v1 scenarios at least always has become totally arbitrary because eventually you outstat something to such a degree that even a bear or troll may as well be ant. This seems like it could help with that a bit, and reducing the headache of eating would be great too.
I still feel like there should be some reduction in feps from eating identical food within a period of time, but maybe not entire food groups. Could be a hidden thing.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Ozzy123 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:23 pm

jorb wrote:By way of example, 5k con would give ~472 HP under the suggested paradigm, rather than ~2236 HP as presently. We heal everyone on first login under the new system.

Obviously the damage from animals, weapons etc would also be scaled down?
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:26 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:
jorb wrote:By way of example, 5k con would give ~472 HP under the suggested paradigm, rather than ~2236 HP as presently. We heal everyone on first login under the new system.

Obviously the damage from animals, weapons etc would also be scaled down?

Yes.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby SiO2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:30 pm

People probably will eat me alive for that but current satiation system is the only thing that allows you energy feeding your miner with similar garbage food without being punished too much.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas