Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:18 am

truckkun wrote:How long will pregnant cows survive if all Food Troughs run out of fodder?

There's no exact answer on this one. If the cow was already used for milking, it's going to depend on that, too. I don't know if the fodder requirements are the same or have changed from legacy, but the best I personally can do is point you to the wiki on the last information I know of.

RoB Wiki wrote:A non-pregnant cow eats 4.8 units of food per day (a Food Trough holds 200 units). A pregnant cow eats 10 times as much (48 units per day). A lactating cow eats 4.8 units of food per day, plus 1/10 unit for every 1L of milk produced.
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Legacy:Cattle

If it's been updated, it's not on the current Cattle page.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby NeoBasilisk » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:14 pm

truckkun wrote:How long will pregnant cows survive if all Food Troughs run out of fodder?

I did a test recently (am I sick for experimenting on digital animals?), and a pregnant horse was dead 4 RL days after I stopped feeding it. I'm not sure if there are differences among animals.
NeoBasilisk

Postby truckkun » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:25 pm

Do cows give milk forever after getting pregnant once or do they need to keep having calves to give milk?
truckkun

Postby TheOriginalFive » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:04 am

All livestock that gave birth will continue giving milk permanently, even without further younglings.
TheOriginalFive

Postby aserne » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:47 am

why are the gates black?
aserne

Postby borka » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:08 pm

client feature ?
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby truckkun » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:53 am

Can cows be transported in knarrs?
truckkun

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:06 am

truckkun wrote:Can cows be transported in knarrs?

No. Only hearthlings or things that can be lifted and thus places into a storage slot. (If the cow was dead, then yes, it could, but I think that likely defeats the purpose of the question.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby uncleseano » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:21 pm

Will fallow Crops go back after winter to their state before the dreaded snow or do you have nuke/replant everything

Also is there a handy ingame way of knowing when the difference seasons are going to drop so we dont end up with starving animals and dead plants?
uncleseano

Postby Agrik » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:09 am

I can only say my 1 not harvested leek did not go back in spring. I strongly suspect it's a general behavior, and even the summer won't help.
Agrik

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?