List of game breaking balance issues

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: List of game breaking balance issues

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:28 pm

I agree W10 mechanics were kinda dumb too, but do you not agree that what we have now is worse? The disparity of some people being immortal, and some not seems worse than simply everybody being nearly-but-not-quite immortal if they're not retarded/bad(big if).

Like, idk, maybe it's just me - but not having the ability to just kill somebody for calling me a faggot in realm chat every day, or stealing from my knarrs is genuinely game ruining. Why can't I gank A.D miners? They're literally making weapons/armor for my enemy, the thing they're doing COULD NOT be more hostile towards me, but the game counts them as innocent birds that SHOULD NOT die under any circumstances, immune to this mortal toil. It's not as though 1v1 ganking somebody who has no chance of winning is unlike actual PVP, considering 90% of it is the side with more numbers/stats chasing the side with less numbers/stats.

Also, who are the fighters that you can kill right now? As far as I know, it is LITERALLY just Felix grinding stats, if he even is. Like, when was the last actual fight? I'm pretty sure it was before CF closed. Like, a fair while before.

DPblH wrote:Lets then fix village authority management. It shouldn't be like you can cover everything with your banners. Lets say, banners should eat more authority (and even more frequently) as they more far from village idol.

Pros of having 2k banners connected to my village:
- People chasing me through my own territory have to get red handed because coracle ownership is broken when dropped from inventory or equipment slot(which I assume is a bug that will eventually be fixed, if anybody cares enough to report it)
- The things I claim are unreasonable to attack directly, and the only realistic way to capture them is to destroy my village idol

Cons of having 2k banners connected to my village:
- I had to farm 200,000 flax
- I had to make 40,000 linen
- I had to move 40,000 linen upwards of 7,500 tiles away from my base in ~5 diffract directions by horse (~170 cart loads)
- I had to build 2,000 time-gated banners over the course of about six months
- I had to remove upwards of 15 village idols that were blocking my tendrils
- I had to interact with people and be all nice and shit to get them to bash their banners so I could extend mine
- The effort spent doing the above has only netted me 7 icicle nodes, when if I had just made proxy villages with the same effort I could probably unironically have every icicle node in the game

Seems fine to me. It should be easier in general to siege tendrils/satellites/compartmentalized areas, though.

pawnchito wrote:If windsom weeds dropped highest q seeds sometimes, wouldnt botters who aren't top just bot the best seeds from eachother over and over?

I think it's more like nabs would forage sell them for nothing at market, but even if they are botted who cares? It wouldn't provide a significant advantage. I think adding the seeds to ant dungeons instead of small heart containers would be cooler now I think about it, though
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DPblH » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:18 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Seems fine to me.

And metal spiraling seems fine for me too. But unlike covering everything with your village claim, metal spiraling doesn't restricts noobs from settling where they want, or extending their territory. Metal spiraling cant restrict road building to closest river/ocean, it also can't restrict from hunting at good spots. You trying to look like "I'm care about noobs, mechanics are way to retarded, etc" but in another hand you are abusing some mechanics that hurts noobs. More looks like "I cant get some goods nerf other players please".
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:24 pm

The OP is exclusively things that almost everybody who even vaguely knows what they're talking about will unanimous agree on. I think they're more likely to be fixed in a timely if the waters aren't muddied by topics where reasonable people could disagree. That said, if you're suggesting anvil spiraling is healthy for the game, fun, or balanced you're only discrediting yourself.

Also, I'm one of the richest players in game. This is not coming from self interest, this is coming from me wanting the game to be not bad. I still openly wanted anvil spiraling removed when my faction had the topQ anvil by like 1k quality.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby vatas » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:12 pm

About the windsown weeds, even if they had 1% chance of being half the quality of highest existing crop of that type, it would be huge buff to foraging them and dirt newbies trying the game. Not saying the chance could be higher. Getting seed at the exact highest quality crop sounds bit overpowered.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:24 pm

Frick the nabs.
I don't want to have to run bare minimum two of these all day every day across the entire world in order to not fall behind into a position where I can never catch back up. I want to be able to take a 2 month break and not have my flax not suddenly be worthless, when it will probably be the most relevant industrial item once spiraling is removed.

It could be gated behind survival irrespective, and who cares if new players get ahold of my Q700 flax? In terms of actual functionality, it's probably not much different to the Q300 flax they could scavenge from dead claims for them, and intermediate villages should have occasion chances at having topQ crops, imo.
Last edited by SnuggleSnail on Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SnuggleSnail

Postby Ants » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:48 pm

IDK dude I'm PRETTY SURE people would still turn up to meteorite fights if it were literally cosmetic

I disagree. Look at rose gold: it's purely cosmetic and nobody cares about it. Meteorite should retain some use.
pawnchito wrote:Death is totally something that is a requirement for the game. It's the skin in the game. Has to be balanced to be fun though.

Agreed. Permadeath is what made this MMO stand out. The rage nerf was an attempt to make new players happy, but we can see how that turned out: most players are the same old people who stuck around during the last worlds, people who are generally fine with death.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:59 pm

Ants wrote:
IDK dude I'm PRETTY SURE people would still turn up to meteorite fights if it were literally cosmetic

I disagree. Look at rose gold: it's purely cosmetic and nobody cares about it. Meteorite should retain some use.

You don't fight for rose gold, you take some shitty wounds. Not remotely similar, at all.
DDDsDD999

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:09 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
Ants wrote:

You don't fight for rose gold, you take some shitty wounds. Not remotely similar, at all.

plus it uses gold which is currency you could use on getting tokens... deff not the same thing.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Ants » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:20 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
Ants wrote:

I'm just saying, PVPers don't seem to typically care much about cosmetic items. I haven't seen many people pave with bat rock, build with beaver wood or run around with dungeon items just to larp even though you gotta fight to get those.

I can't think of any good uses for meteorite, though, so maybe making it useless next world is worth a shot.

wonder-ass wrote:plus it uses gold which is currency you could use on getting tokens... deff not the same thing.

You can trade anything useful enough for tokens.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:26 pm

The crowd that cares about aesthetics for aesthetic's sake and the crowd that cares about wearing expensive shit to dab are very different. Most PVPers I know fit very firmly in the latter.

I'm not saying the only way to balance meteorites is to make their rewards purely cosmetic, but it self seems evident to me that locking something powerful behind being the most powerful faction in the game is not a recipe for longevity.

Plus, legacy had lots of fighting in spite of harsher death mechanics, and literally no reason to fight over anything, really. People will turn up to fights to, ya'know, murder nibbas and wave their pp

P.S: meteorites were purely cosmetic in world 10, and meteorites are purely cosmetic right now.
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas