mini pvp events

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: mini pvp events

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:03 pm

Vraatjuh wrote:Take away salt and icicles and people would still fight over natural resources

No they wouldn't. I mean, people would turn up to kill each other, but the kind of person who cares about some mushrooms or pink rocks is also the kinds of people who can't win a fight for them. lol.

Maybe instead of trying to force people to fight, just put them in a sandbox where they can kill each other and watch them kill each other?

If you wanna fight without a chance of dying, with no real reward there's already a way to do that
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Ants » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:35 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:The problem with pvp over resources is that winner takes all. It results in the winners getting stronger, becoming more likely to win, repeat until the winners are too strong for any competition. It'd be nice if the reward dynamic was more like the winner gets to not do one of their chores for the week, but that'd basically require a massive overhaul of all the stat systems.

Winner gets a goblin slave to harvest their crops for a few days, maybe? Or winner gets magic dye that lets them change the color of their clothes.

Vraatjuh wrote:I'm sure people are trying to abuse anything they can abuse already. Not a reason to not try out new things I think.
Regarding the problem you bring up; this would mean you'd have to get out of the safety zone yourself and be vulnerable to others. People would just use alts for luring people out or breaking walls.
I think building walls would never be profitable for anyone if they are handbashable.

Titans would not care about being vulnerable to others, particularly not people significantly weaker than themselves. And I don't know if you've ever tried handbashing a wall, but it's not quick unless you have decent tools and decent strength. There would be plenty of time for experienced PVPers to run around slaughtering alts and local sprucecaps.

I think PVP events in an alternate map like Valhalla might work, though. On the main map people would definitely use buildings, animals or something else to screw over the nabs before they could reach the safe zone.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby dorag » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:02 pm

idk if the winner getting stronger is an issue its gona happen invariably every world the same few ppl are the kings of the world this doesnt change it it just makes it so that theirs fun events less relvent ppl can help them with i just dont think deeper layers should be locked behind metoirite ore b.c than how will non aligned villages get it eventually.
dorag

Postby dorag » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:04 pm

idk sounds like a cool idea to me
dorag

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas