Suggest minor QoL improvements here

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Suggest minor QoL improvements here

Postby ctopolon4 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:43 pm

a. splitable curios should have "study" menu (slime, frogspawn)
b. spitroasted fish meat should not become critter carcass again when put it at spitroast again
c. bark should not be able to adding into cauldron and rabbit/chicken hatch to improve water Q
d. animals should not return after restart combat when them flees
e. destroy stump = showel, destroy building = max dmg tool (not axe), edit: butcher knife for butchering if possible, woodsman axe for chop if possible
f. ability to place numbers on the floor when playing minesweeper at mine
g. collect leaves from mulberry and laurel directly into stockpile (not inventory)
h. autoleash rope and whistle work on wild horses too
i. animals not move like wild (when player near) after they eat clover or beaten when taming
j. "push" works on animals too, to not be surrounded by animals and cant move
k. ability to place display sign or/and sketches onto cupboard, to mark them some how (or wood textures on cupboards)
l. reduce stamina drain (press "drink" button alltime = sucks), to not press drink button all time
m. balance quests and seasons (no 30RL days delay to do 1 quest)
n. improve credo making gameplay (not craft 1 curio per 24hrs) , here atleast 3 available credos - let us start all of them
o. "inspect" water container also shows contents Q
Last edited by ctopolon4 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctopolon4

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:57 pm

ctopolon4 wrote:c. bark should not be able to adding into cauldron and rabbit/chicken hatch to improve water Q

have you even tried to read patch notes for current world before posting nonsenses?
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:44 am

Some prevention/confirmation is needed on accidentally taking out wrought iron from steel crucible. If you're shift-clicking fuel to it and run out of fuel while spamming shift+right-click you'll end up taking your almost-finished iron out. Of course there is workaround to always use wheelbarrow when adding fuel but I don't think you should actively have to work around bad game design.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby tyrtix » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:06 pm

dunnow if it's here, but i'd like to know the damage on an item with inspect tool.
tyrtix

Postby ctopolon4 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:37 pm

would be nice to know distanse when go to greet new questgiver (or just be sure its not on another continent)
also map markers to questgivers can change color when you have to greet\report to them when run around and look at the map (to not parse all quest list)
ctopolon4

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:36 am

Would be cool if inspecting baby animals showed their age
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby pawnchito » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Let us lock and resize UI windows to their position. Heck maybe even save my preferences on the size and position.
pawnchito

Postby vatas » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:51 pm

*Different cursors for "Destroy" and "Mine." Not a problem that often but when it does happen it's confusing as frick.
*Differentiate between "dug up soil" -dirt and "mudflat" -dirt. May have to wait for a world reset if you want to make a proper acre biome tile.
*Something to indicate that Hearthling sleeping in a bed is an Outlaw.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby vatas » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:55 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Would be cool if inspecting baby animals showed their age

If jorb feel that exact age isn't something he wants to be shown, how about different flavor text depending on how much progress has been from baby to adult? Something along the lines of:

*newborn, how cute!*
*growing nicely!*
*look how big it is already!*
*This one is going to be weaned soon*

Could show up either in the stat screen or when inspected.

vatas

Postby Adata » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:49 pm

Automatic pumpkin stockpiles.
W14 Elephant Gardens
W13 Zard
W12 Magpie Nest
W11 White Pond
W10 Lazy Leech
W9 Dark Woods
W7 Crow's Nest
Adata