Do Not Normalize It.

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Do Not Normalize It.

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:16 pm

HasseKebab wrote:I definitely agree but whos this post targeted at exactly?

Im not under the impression that this really happens in this game at all anymore.

People still bash everything not inside walls and if they KO you they will take all your curios inventory contents and equipment and throw it in the river just to make you sad instead of just taking the valuables.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby peanutzrgud » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:48 pm

whoever wrote this must have just found out some of the young lads at ainran came back this world
peanutzrgud

Postby a-Simulacrum » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:51 pm

Hasta wrote:I don't mind being griefed and whatnot.

yeah okay lmao
a-Simulacrum

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:15 pm

peanutzrgud wrote:whoever wrote this must have just found out some of the young lads at ainran came back this world

After being in the game for about 8 years now, can we call the lads from Ainran "young" anymore? Even if they were all 13 when they started playing, they're all 20-something now. I know at least some of them were 20-somethings when Ainran formed up as a group, so.... they're getting to be old men now. :lol:

shubla wrote:People still bash everything not inside walls and if they KO you they will take all your curios inventory contents and equipment and throw it in the river just to make you sad instead of just taking the valuables.

Seems like I've seen or heard a lot more of this during this world start than last, maybe even more than the w10 start. Might be because of the way everyone has spawned, might be because others have come back to try their devilish ways again... who knows?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:32 pm

I'm pretty sure the increase in griefing is because it's nearly impossible to kill semi-competent people. Repercussions are basically impossible. Daily reminder that a lack of death creates more griefing.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:41 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:I'm pretty sure the increase in griefing is because it's nearly impossible to kill semi-competent people. Repercussions are basically impossible. Daily reminder that a lack of death creates more griefing.

When you kill someone, you can only grief them once.

When you let them live, you can grief them every day.

right?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:47 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:I'm pretty sure the increase in griefing is because it's nearly impossible to kill semi-competent people. Repercussions are basically impossible. Daily reminder that a lack of death creates more griefing.

There should be some way for noobs to get their revenge.
Currently it is 100% impossible to kill some bandit, even if he would continuously steal from you and kill your characters. I think as a solution, the outlaw debuff should be made more severe. Longer, and more severe, that is, to make people think twice whether they should destroy and kill everything that they see.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby xdragonlord18 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:09 pm

You're right! By making the grief permanent, you get rid of the temporary grief. lmao
Ysh wrote:You all forget that bucket is include. I think with bucket it is fair price.
xdragonlord18

Postby tyrtix » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:28 pm

shubla wrote:

There should be some way for noobs to get their revenge.
Currently it is 100% impossible to kill some bandit, even if he would continuously steal from you and kill your characters. I think as a solution, the outlaw debuff should be made more severe. Longer, and more severe, that is, to make people think twice whether they should destroy and kill everything that they see.

well, actually the "debuff" do very little, and either you exact revenge, or you cannot do anything else, for example, stop the griefer in doing what he do, and i'm not even speaking about proper thieves, with the skill and maybe some stealth skill too, i mean the ones that you build in day 2 of the server, they come in your place and bash everything, drop things down to let them despawn, pick nothing...really, what can i do to prevent that when it happens?
tyrtix

Postby peanutzrgud » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:43 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
peanutzrgud wrote:whoever wrote this must have just found out some of the young lads at ainran came back this world

After being in the game for about 8 years now, can we call the lads from Ainran "young" anymore? Even if they were all 13 when they started playing, they're all 20-something now. I know at least some of them were 20-somethings when Ainran formed up as a group, so.... they're getting to be old men now. :lol:

shubla wrote:People still bash everything not inside walls and if they KO you they will take all your curios inventory contents and equipment and throw it in the river just to make you sad instead of just taking the valuables.

Seems like I've seen or heard a lot more of this during this world start than last, maybe even more than the w10 start. Might be because of the way everyone has spawned, might be because others have come back to try their devilish ways again... who knows?

age is just a number sir - says nothing of certain characteristics
peanutzrgud

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar