Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Postby Ants » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:17 am

Flags can be used as makeshift wall posters.

They don't make good wallpaper due to blocking the view from certain angles, though.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby jordancoles » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:11 am

You can wear a badger vest in both the armor and shirt slots
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby qoonpooka » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:03 pm

Early Game Storage Tip:

Urns have the same storage capacity as crates (5x3, instead of 3x5) but take up a MUCH smaller footprint. If floor space (or p-claim space) is a concern, cook urns and you can store at least twice (and maybe 3-4x if you don't mind having to shuffle the urns) the stuff in the same space.

Because they're pottery, you can color-code them as well by using different kinds of clay for each urn. (e.g. Acre clay to make red urns to store meat, etc.)

Clay quality doesn't matter worth a damn, nor does kiln quality, so you can easily get a basic q1 kiln going nearly the moment you spawn.

A single kiln can cook 2 urns and 2 pots in one go, and even a pot + urn holds more than the crate that takes up the same footprint. Plus when you're done with them, the pots make a cool sound when you destroy them.
qoonpooka

Postby azrid » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:24 pm

Catch magpies early world for a nice int boost gilding(Magpie's Thieving Claw +2 int).
Drop any item down on the ground when near a magpie and when it flies to pick it up right click it on the minimap.
azrid

Postby qoonpooka » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:26 pm

azrid wrote:Catch magpies early world for a nice int boost gilding(Magpie's Thieving Claw +2 int).
Drop any item down on the ground when near a magpie and when it flies to pick it up right click it on the minimap.

I tried this and it just flew away, when do we want to be clicking? When it lands, when it's inbound? After some time?
qoonpooka

Postby Willberfollower » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:58 am

qoonpooka wrote:
azrid wrote:Catch magpies early world for a nice int boost gilding(Magpie's Thieving Claw +2 int).

I tried this and it just flew away, when do we want to be clicking? When it lands, when it's inbound? After some time?

Best way is to kill them. raid a nest it will attack you then fly away. If you raid the nest again while in combat you can usually time your punch for when the bird reaches you.
Willberfollower

Postby shubla » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:02 am

If you find a dead body and want to destroy it, block an animal like boar with it, boar will destroy the body instantly.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby azrid » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:15 pm

qoonpooka wrote:

When it flies towards the item to pick it up you right click on him on the minimap.
You can drop multiple items to make it faster to fly towards an item.
azrid

Postby FrankMcFuzz » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:10 am

In Autumn, you can walk through leaf piles and collect lots of Perfect Autumn Leaf; an arguably okay curiosity with higher Int at 40-60 LP/hour (ingame time) and 12 mental weight.
Because leaf items stack in piles of 250, you can walk around the woods with a wheelbarrow, picking up leaves and stacking them in a pile. Pile them up for mass storage of a semi-decent curio!
Additionally, you can disturb the leaf piles while using the wheelbarrow or riding a horse. (Bonus tip: Leaf piles are also good for mass collecting grubs, snails, and sometimes stag beetles!)
FrankMcFuzz

Postby qoonpooka » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:50 am

azrid wrote:
qoonpooka wrote:

When it flies towards the item to pick it up you right click on him on the minimap.
You can drop multiple items to make it faster to fly towards an item.

Did that, he just turned around and flew away without stealing the item.
qoonpooka

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?