Easy to dispose Soil-Pile

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Easy to dispose Soil-Pile

Postby havenman » Mon May 25, 2020 11:47 am

Disposing of the soil is hard work
we need a way to dispose of it directly in the deep or shallow water with a wheelbarrow

now system -> pavement -> take soil -> drop soil or destory :x

my idea

A wheelbarrow -> dispose to water area
B Whellbarrow -> ctrl+ right click -> all soil spread to ground

this idea incoprate plz
It will be easier to dispose of the soil :lol:
Last edited by havenman on Thu May 28, 2020 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
havenman
Under curfew

Re: Easy to dispose Soil-Pile

Postby Mr_Bober » Mon May 25, 2020 7:10 pm

No thanks. This would add incredible amounts of soil to the pool of items you find in flotsams. While most of the time it's still trash, I enjoy the occasional treasure. If this became a thing, you would find soil 99% of the time, given the amount people would dump (way more than they do now).
Mr_Bober

Postby bitza » Mon May 25, 2020 8:30 pm

just make a bunch of garden pots and plant blueberries or yarrow or something, turn that soil into something useful
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby MagicManICT » Tue May 26, 2020 12:44 am

bitza wrote:just make a bunch of garden pots and plant blueberries or yarrow or something, turn that soil into something useful

Pyramids... the world needs more pyramids.

I can see a request like this going one of two directions. As mentioned above with the dirt being dropped into the loot pool(s), or they finally implement the "teraform water" people have wanted, and now someone can't get down their favorite highway to the ocean because their neighbor dumped all that dirt in the water.

My suggestion is to find something useful to do with it. Garden pots are one. Tree pots are another. You can save it for some grand project "later."

You can also store it underground. If it decays there, land won't rise up as the dirt spreads out.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby FrankMcFuzz » Tue May 26, 2020 1:02 am

Another havenman borderline trolling brain fart. Chuck it in the bin.

Adding an extremely oblique key combination with the wheel barrow is not only going to complicate things, but go vastly unnoticed by the majority of players, as there's no key prompts written anywhere in the game. And tbh, I've never felt that the wheelbarrow should require reading the wiki to understand how to use them. Hard pass.

There's nothing wrong with putting it on pavement. Additionally, as mentioned above, you should be using your dirt anyway.
FrankMcFuzz

Postby bitza » Tue May 26, 2020 2:00 am

MagicManICT wrote:I can see a request like this going one of two directions. As mentioned above with the dirt being dropped into the loot pool(s), or they finally implement the "teraform water" people have wanted, and now someone can't get down their favorite highway to the ocean because their neighbor dumped all that dirt in the water.

i seriously hope this "terraform water" thing never happens. you'd see walls around river clay and water nodes and salt deposits and all sorts of ridiculous shit
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby Clemence » Tue May 26, 2020 4:09 am

Or just a trash can, you build one at home and you can drop anything to nothingness instead of poluting the environement.
Clemence

Postby FrankMcFuzz » Tue May 26, 2020 4:17 am

Clemence wrote:Or just a trash can, you build one at home and you can drop anything to nothingness instead of poluting the environement.

Bad idea sure to be exploited. No global pool, items are deleted forever? Carry one with you when looting; anything you don't want just delete it into the ether so nobody else gets it.

So many features are about world and object permanence, like digging up, fishing up, and the beach thingies. To make an item disappear from Haven never to be seen ever again seems to counter a lot of other mechanics.
FrankMcFuzz

Postby Clemence » Tue May 26, 2020 4:24 am

oh well, that's not very different from dropping in water.
IRL if you dont want some one to loot you you can break the stuff or burn it.
MMO are persistant and people create a lots of things, there may be an exit for all that trash.

permanent death for people is ok, permanent death for things is not, what sort of capitalist are you ?
Clemence

Postby Kuddie » Tue May 26, 2020 5:20 am

MagicManICT wrote:Pyramids... the world needs more pyramids.

I will take this great suggestion to heart and make sure to build a grand pyramid. See screenshots thread in a few weeks.

To be fair, after landscaping for the last few weeks I can't say that I think soil stockpiles is a problem at all, like others have said put the soil to good use even if the quality may be subpar or pave a small area and use the "Destroy" action on the stockpiles when they are placed in the center of the paving.
Kuddie

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas