Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:01 am

Unsure why we have a listing of combat actions on different pages when a link to the one table would be sufficient. Anyone have any complaints about cleaning up the involved pages?

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Combat_moves
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Unarmed_Combat
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Tue May 05, 2020 6:04 pm

I've been meaning to write a "Quick-start Guide" and meant to effectively out-source "getting through the character creation" -part to the wiki and as I recalled, there is rather good article on that.

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Character_Creation
Only one real error exists and I'll fix it once I figure out neat paraphrase.
When you're done exploring and you've settled on a name, Right-click the Fire to be spawned into the wilderness, or Right-click on an ancestor's Hearth Fire inside the fenced-off area if you've inherited one and wish to return to their established Hearth Fire in the Hearthlands.

According to my memory, there have never been Hearth Fires inside the character creation room. Wherever you wish to spawn (wilderness, ancestor's HF, Charter) only way to exit the room / enter the proper game world is to burn in the fire in front of Wizard.

I also ended up changing "Fire" to be the second last (Valhalla staying at the bottom) and "The Graveyard" and "Spawn Charter" have "(optional)" in front of them. Some fixes and small additions.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Clemence » Thu May 21, 2020 11:46 pm

this picture is obsolete :cry:
Clemence

Postby MagicManICT » Fri May 22, 2020 4:39 pm

Clemence wrote:this picture is obsolete

Always looking for contributions. Don't just say it's wrong. Fix it! (Yes, I'm trying to turn the whole world into wiki editors in their little fields of expertise and fandom or whatever.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Necrisha » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:50 am

Noticed in the Main cheese FEP's table Picodon, Cabrales, Halloumi, Sunlit Stilton and well a lot of the cheeses are not mentioned. probably not a priority, but if someone can manage the basic data entry and not blow up any wiki (unlike me) it's probably an easy fix.
Necrisha

Postby vatas » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:39 pm

Necrisha wrote:Noticed in the Main cheese FEP's table Picodon, Cabrales, Halloumi, Sunlit Stilton and well a lot of the cheeses are not mentioned. probably not a priority, but if someone can manage the basic data entry and not blow up any wiki (unlike me) it's probably an easy fix.

Navigate to pages of cheese that are missing from the table.
Click "Refresh" on top of the page on each of them.
Click "Refresh" on pages that use the cheese table.

I already did that with the cheese you mentioned.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby friendlinzh » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:09 am

A LOT of information is missing from wiki
friendlinzh

Postby vatas » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:28 pm

friendlinzh wrote:A LOT of information is missing from wiki

A lot of infoboxes at least can be fixed by applying the thing I described in a post above, you hit refresh on ingredient and thing made of it, that miss each other on their infobox, and they will appear.

vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:35 pm

The screenshot of the horse stats on the wiki is very outdated. If anyone can just PM me a raw one (or post it here) I'll edit it down and upload it. I don't have a horse in game right now. (All livestock are a bother when you're just hermitting infrequently.)
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:18 am

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.
Winter has been shortened to 5 RL days, and the 5 days lost have been given instead to Summer.

... O crap ... It just hit me that that is going to affect RoB's seasons calender.
Suggest disabling/removing the seasons calender parts on the Main- and Seasons-page. (with a proper documented edit summary ... I hope)

The current season-calendar core code hinges on splitting a HnH year in 6 equal parts (with summer spanning 3 parts).
So there is no way to make it work properly for this new seasons setup without making changing to the core code (which is kinda complex due to MW's code features/limitations. 'And' that's probably only issue one out of two ...)

Hopefully they reverse this particular change based on the comments that this change triggered.
mvgulik

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?