Crop quality limits critique.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Crop quality limits critique.

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:14 am

Zentetsuken wrote:
Enjoyment_2 wrote:Well, Alek, the problem doesn't disappear magically when you don't see it (and you don't become invisible when closes your eyes, grow up) - and your statement clearly shows that you don't understand how does this mechanics works but still you pushing your "all is good", based on what? your fantasies?

Also - noone gonna fight for those nodes, either noone gonna trade them (if we don't take a rmt for fiber(not seeds) as a good game mechanic)

So please, If you do not understand the things, that are talked about in some thread, just stay away, really no need to stick your valuable opinion in every single thread. It is called "providing false info", and should be a good reason to ban ppl (sadly noone cares on the validity of info nowadays, so I guess, it's okay?)

Okay then Headchef Jr. please enlighten the blind masses about what the problem is.

Why does fighting for nodes matter? Nobody fights for any nodes anymore, high clay, water, local resources, they are all shared or traded for. What makes crops from nodes different in your valuable opinion?

What about my statement shows a lack of understanding? Why is it assumed I do not play the game because I believe high quality crops from nodes will be a trading asset?

You haven't displayed any understanding of game mechanics yourself. You haven't even provided your opinion on why you think the mechanic is broken. I invite you to share your fantasy with us rather than headchefing all over the place. You seem to really enjoy criticizing and analyzing your opinion of the devs and players, if you can't do the same with the parts of the game that you do not like then why are you here?

here, read, think, and stop posting before understanding in future.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Kyline » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Clemence wrote:the problem is that for a long term world you need long term goals

This to me is the heart of the problem.

One of the things I enjoy the most is seeing the quality of things go up.

I know you all have your views, however I see that I've got 200q turnips and that means my trees and animals will be capped around that (chickens less) and it really makes me see the 'end' of the game for me. I can already see that we are capping out in metals. The server is too new for us to be capping out now. What are we going to do in 3 or 6 or 12 months time when you have to fight for every point of upgrade in anything.

I like the fact that this world the qualities went up faster this world, but it was probably a little TOO fast. I think they needed to cap coal MUCH harder to slow the game. To me each year we should see the crop quality going up (keep the variations in areas but let us increase our quality overall), but it should be somewhat limited, so hardcore player A might reach the cap in 25 days, while medium player might not reach the new cap until the end of the year.

I would like to see spiraling of metal back.... but again capped each game year so there is no real advantage to doing it except as a catch up mechanism at least for the first 6 months of a world.

To those that say we need more variation in crops to encourage trade, I disagree. The only way that would be good is if there was at least 2 crops which there was no/low variations. One of those crops would make a fibre so that sitting on a good node for hemp/flax doesn't give you too much advantage and another for feeding animals in general like turnip.
Kyline

Postby Kyline » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:50 pm

Another idea is that each new year would see a change to ALL node quality caps. Yes even clay and animals.
Kyline

Postby Gustyboy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:15 am

Hi,

I just discovered the limits of crops by region with this thread. I didn't know this, and I'm quite a new player. What is very annoying for the common people, I mean, not the ones who lives in the major villages that fight for dominance, setting up a base/village is quite intensive. So, you settle down, and then 2 month later you find out that your crops caps are shitty. You can trade, but crops doesn't have the same values... Who would want your Q150 cucumbers ? For real ? So if you settled in a spot where neither of the valuable crops have a high cap,then you're fucked, even with trading, because you won't have anything to trade for...

So I guess that there 2 little things that could help :
- group some of the crops in tiers, and have that 1 crop of each tier have a good cap and other medium/shitty caps. So you will always at least have something to trade. Sorting crops by tiers is not very hard : Flax/Hemp for fiber, Beetroot/turnip for fast grow crop, wheat/barley for straw/seeds/beer. It's just examples, I don't know if what I try to say is clear enough.
- add some soil prospection mechanic, so you can at least know what to expect when you choose a place to settle down. Not even precise numbers, but at least some ranges or qualifiers (high/medium/low).

M2C.

Have fun.
Gustyboy

Postby Clemence » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:05 pm

I like it like that, meteorite fighting looks like the better of the bad solutions for a good permanent pvp mmo, and crops cap with seeds witch quality decay monsanto-like an elegant idear for long term trading.
Sorry to blow the devs, they are handsome. :mrgreen:
Clemence

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:13 pm

The loudest complainers -

CROP CAPS ARE STUPID I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GROW MY OWN CROPS, BIG VILLAGE FARMERS WILL QUIT THIS IS GIVING TOO MUCH POWER TO RANDOM NOOBS WHO SETTLED ON GOOD NODES

*crop circle implemented*

CROP CIRCLES ARE STUPID THIS ONLY BENEFITS BIG VILLAGES HOW WILL NOOBS EVER COMPETE THEY WILL QUIT THIS IS GIVING TOO MUCH POWER TO BIG VILLAGERS WITH SALT BOTS

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C&I is just a hilarious personal blog for the same couple of autists to narrate their anger in to a series of longwinded effortposts at this point
Zentetsuken

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:07 pm

I hope some day the scientists will invent the cure for your mental disorder, and you will be able to understand the difference beteen "I don't see the problem" and "there is no problem", because you're just blind and dumb.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Headchef » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:28 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:I hope some day the scientists will invent the cure for your mental disorder, and you will be able to understand the difference beteen "I don't see the problem" and "there is no problem", because you're just blind and dumb.

There's already a cure for aleck his condition it's called cyanide it's just a matter of time until his welfare tard wranglers funnel it down his throat to eleviate the burden he is on society as a whole
Last edited by MagicManICT on Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: user banned 7 days--quit being an angry asshole.
Headchef

Postby jorb » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:03 pm

There, there, no need to suggest suicide/autism/whatever back and forth. Be nice.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Lurux » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:30 pm

Can we have a tool to inspect specific crop cap in an area? Rather then to speculate? I mean we have a mechanic for water quality detection, why can't we have one for crop caps?
Lurux

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas