The best siege idea you have ever heard

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: The best siege idea you have ever heard

Postby iamahh » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:01 am

the game content is too vast and time consuming for siege to be a trivial matter

it should be a rare political event indeed, otherwise casuals wouldn't want to play, population would suffer more

add to that the pandemic stressing out many player's lives, it's no surprise people don't feel like starting a siege
iamahh

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:47 am

iamahh wrote:it should be a rare political event indeed, otherwise casuals wouldn't want to play, population would suffer more

presumptions that are probably incorrect. Previous worlds have proven as such.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Lurux » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:48 am

I think this is all in all quite complex. Can we not move towards a system where you can declare war on another village and only in that case siege can be applicable? Without the x tiles limit on siege equipment (so you can actually bring it along).

The status of stealth should also be worked on, why don't we make it possible to do some ninja like things with grab hooks etc using stealth.
I'm not saying we immediately have to move towards walljumping but it could be something like that.
Lurux

Postby RayWilliamJohnsonFan » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:26 pm

This player wasn't lying. This is one of the best siege ideas i've ever heard
RayWilliamJohnsonFan

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas