Elixir addiction

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Elixir addiction

Postby shubla » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:37 pm

If you consume them too much you should get addicted, getting withdrawal symptoms if you stop using them too quickly.
This would make it more difficult to gulp them all the time.
Addiction could be implemented via wounds and buffs.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: Elixir addiction

Postby Fostik » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:12 pm

Thanks, but mixing water, blueberry and lingonberry in mortar and pestle and receiving 100 hp poison which will heal ~4 days is enough for now.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Lalaxx » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:01 pm

Fostik wrote:Thanks, but mixing water, blueberry and lingonberry in mortar and pestle and receiving 100 hp poison which will heal ~4 days is enough for now.

Huh? 4 days? Im curing 1hhp a day of my headache on 144q bed. Any try to cure wound by using potion just make it worse since in description only 1 wound and you get fucking 2 wounds for no reason. My character just broken now. I don't even have courage to play anymore lol.
Lalaxx

Postby MadNomad » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:09 pm

Lalaxx wrote:Any try to cure wound by using potion just make it worse since in description only 1 wound and you get fucking 2 wounds for no reason.

sounds like your character lacks proper knowledge then :lol:

well, at least you found out it's not a good idea to drink more of those on your main character, maybe the wounds are indeed too high but getting to know this effect is worth wounding yourself like this once I think (maybe only in the case where the character doesn't die though)
MadNomad

Postby Fostik » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:30 pm

Lalaxx wrote:Huh? 4 days? Im curing 1hhp a day of my headache on 144q bed. Any try to cure wound by using potion just make it worse since in description only 1 wound and you get fucking 2 wounds for no reason. My character just broken now. I don't even have courage to play anymore lol.

Thanks for notice, as it turned out, different wounds heals for different time.
And yeah, can agree that blistering headache heals roughly ~1 hp a day.
Cool, game rewards me with wretched gore analog for nothing.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby vatas » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:28 pm

I'm I completely mistaken or weren't devs trying to make alting less mandatory? Now they made mechanic that would benefit greatly from making a guinea-pig-alt (just feed it CON so it survives all the headache and joint-pain.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mangano » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:35 pm

This would make it more difficult to gulp them all the time.
mangano

Postby MadNomad » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:51 pm

vatas wrote:(just feed it CON so it survives)

or just use the elixir without feeding it previously depending on the needs... there are some elixir wounds that seem to cause(at least by the description, before using them) less than 100 damage
MadNomad

Postby shubla » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:08 pm

It is possible that there are some OP elixir combinations to heal all wounds, so its kind of stupid that wounds completely lose their meaning only if you know how to make some specific elixir.
This becomes a problem, as some consumables add wounds (like quicksilver poisoning, butt burn etc)
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Return to Critique & Ideas