Big central official Developers Market to trade in world

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Big central official Developers Market to trade in world

Postby CLAVICEMBALO3 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:11 pm

Good morning,

I have been playing in other games and there is something that would be great in Haven and Hearth.
A centralized market where you can access by a special build (for example a special barter stand), in which you can buy or sell your items (only a specific number of items) without necessity to go in a place, just from your own claim.
I have seen that in WAKFU and in WILD TERRA, ant i think that is a great idea, beacuse sometimes markets are really too far.
With that centralized market the trade will be improved a lot beacuse you dont have to go far, you dont have to move.

You can make a special building like "trade board" or "trade barter".

It would be really orgasmic

This is the example

CLAVICEMBALO3

Re: Big central official Developers Market to trade in world

Postby Fostik » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:23 pm

What's the actual point of ideas that just a copy from global MMO? Do you think devs or someone else don't know about "such great mechanics"?
I'd rather see your vision how to deal with such cases:
There's a lot mechanics based on traveling, delimitation by the ocean, crossroads, which requires and create sink for resources, local resources, requires and creates player cooperation, big projects like markets, and many other things. Just throw it out?
There's a need in global coin, how do you see it?
Last edited by Fostik on Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby meus » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:44 pm

Trading in HnH is somewhat like other MMO's quests - you first need to obtain some currency (which is market-specific) by delivering goods that are in demand by that market's owners, and then buy what you need with the currency you made.

The issue with a centralized trading hub would be that not everyone needs the same stuff, but they should anyway be able to produce the same currency.

Which means... you have to be able to cut coins of the same currency - the one that you are going to offer to the other person.

Everyone would practically have to be able to cut the same currency, which would make the currency useless.
meus

Postby jorb » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:04 pm

I remember a game where we did that...
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:46 pm

it was quite a paradox, that noone still mentioned that
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Undefined » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:44 am

I think the current system is fine, in the early game you're restricted to your local area but it doesn't take that long to be able to travel the world and learn the charter stones of large markets at which point you need to develop your will so that you can fast travel to whichever market you need to and even so you're limited the number of trips per day or required to use a consumable item to make more.
I built this site to provide the convenience of knowing what's available and where: http://haven-hub.club/
I'd like for that to not be necessary somehow but while still maintaining the Inconvenience of the current need to actually travel to markets you want to purchase items from.
Undefined

Return to Critique & Ideas