Lost hat

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Lost hat

Postby valeriesusanne » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:38 am

From the Hearth Shoppe: "Purchased cosmetic items (such as hats) are added as permanent upgrades to your account, and can always be retrieved again from your Hearth Fire if lost or stolen."
So where did my LED cap go? I was showing it to another player, and a message popped up that said something like "...vanished in thin air." I thought, based on the above quote, that I could let her wear it, and just grab it back out of my hearth fire when I wanted it back. What part of this did I misunderstand? Is "loan" a separate action from "lost or stolen?" I had put it in the "bandy" window, if that makes any difference. It disappeared when she tried to take it. It is not available in my hearth fire. Is there any other way to retrieve it?
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Re: Lost hat

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:29 am

Store hats are a permanent addition to your account, you can give/gift a hat to another player by right clicking the hat onto the player, who then gets an option to accept it. If you leave a hat on the ground or in a container and another player tries to pick it up, the hat vanishes 'into thin air' and will return to your hf.

Your hat should be in your hf, make sure you are checking the correct hf - i.e. the account you bought it on.

I've never used the bandy window for a store hat so if it's really not in your hf I would contact Jorb as maybe it's a bug.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby vatas » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:08 am

Important note: if you DO give them the hat, it's now permanent upgrade to THEIR account and nothing in-game can really force them to give it back.

Not saying you shouldn't trust your friend, just thought this is important disclaimer.

"Allow other people to wear hats given them by hat owner in Bandy" sounds like a reasonable suggestion unless there's some code thing making it hard to implement.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby valeriesusanne » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:17 am

Nevermind. I am such an idiot. The hat was in my hearthfire the whole time - I just forgot to scroll down :roll: Jorb was very patient with me :)
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:08 am

Lol, well, glad you have it anyway. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Brucedg » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:08 am

You can retrieved again from your Hearth Fire if lost!
Brucedg
Under curfew

Return to How do I?