Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Little-Known Pro-Tips Thread - Now up to 113 Tips!

Postby vatas » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:45 pm

You can move, while having an item in your cursor, by ALT+clicking.

Late edit: in default client, you CTRL+click, which in many default custom clients overrides function that prevents you from dropping items in certain conditions.
Last edited by vatas on Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby vatas » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:51 pm

Thought I'd share this screenshot showing the fresh-spawn characters properly-set up deck. Exact order doesn't matter but I found 4 to be ergonomic button to spam and 1-3 for defenses feels good and intuitive. I added Left Hook as well but it's kind of unnecessary, I think it's just best to use punch in this situation (more cards of it than hook.) You can probably use either but you have to commit to the choice of one within the fight, as they make different openings. Remember to select one of the "unused saves" for the "save" button to actually save your deck.

Tags: Combat, Deck, Tutorial
Attachments
javaw_2RgdN8FstM.png
javaw_2RgdN8FstM.png (75.34 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby vatas » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:43 am

In case everybody hasn't intuitively figured this out, non-intrusive way of getting the attention of village-mate who is alt-tabbed out of the client is to simply use "clapping" -emote right next to them.

Tags: Meta, Social, Village

vatas

Postby Zepar72 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:57 am

You can actually use bow to tame animals. It's especially easy if you have a friend to tank the animal for you. It's best to use weakest ammo not to overdamage and kill it.

Tags: Taming, Animals
Zepar72

Postby jordancoles » Mon May 03, 2021 4:24 am

You can light another dugout with a dugout and then walk around with it :geek:

From VDZ
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby VDZ » Mon May 03, 2021 5:02 am

vatas wrote:Thought I'd share this screenshot showing the fresh-spawn characters properly-set up deck. Exact order doesn't matter but I found 4 to be ergonomic button to spam and 1-3 for defenses feels good and intuitive. I added Left Hook as well but it's kind of unnecessary, I think it's just best to use punch in this situation (more cards of it than hook.) You can probably use either but you have to commit to the choice of one within the fight, as they make different openings. Remember to select one of the "unused saves" for the "save" button to actually save your deck.

Tags: Combat, Deck, Tutorial

For intuitiveness, I like to put my restorations (defenses) on 1-5 and my attacks on Shift+1-5. That way, even if I get caught off-guard and panic and press the wrong buttons, I'm still lowering my openings rather than getting cooldowns from attacks I didn't intend to do. Where possible, I also try put the attacks in the same numbers as the restorations of the same color, so '1' is always dark blue (Sidestep/Left Hook), '2' is always green (Quick Dodge/Punch), and '3' is always yellow (Jump/Haymaker). That consistency reduces potential for confusion in hectic situations.
VDZ

Postby xTrainx » Mon May 03, 2021 3:19 pm

You can pick small critters while mounting a horse without killing them as long as they are moving
xTrainx

Postby jordancoles » Thu May 06, 2021 1:57 am

You can open and interact with wicker picker inventories while they are in other containers, like cupboards. This allows for you to store tons of foragables in a small space (great for mushrooms in fall)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Zepar72 » Thu May 06, 2021 2:24 pm

jordancoles wrote:You can open and interact with wicker picker inventories while they are in other containers, like cupboards. This allows for you to store tons of foragables in a small space (great for mushrooms in fall)

2 wooden chests full of wicker baskets, put in rowboat, lets you pick 240 cattails. Very useful for rope making or just general string foraging.
Zepar72

Postby xTrainx » Sat May 08, 2021 2:43 am

even when inheriting you can still use a wilderness beacon, useful when brap posters bash your Hearth fire after killing you in your house
xTrainx

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?