Caravan Dock

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Caravan Dock

Postby Sevenless » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Why have oceans if they're trivial to cross? Why can't transporting goods cost time?

Everything fast travel isn't the way to go imo. The entire point of oceans is to break the world up and allow more kingdoms/markets/niches to exist. That's why we can't charterstone across them (allowing that would be easier than making a special knarr structure anyway). Fast travel across them would bring us right back to one big world with 1 market, 1 kingdom.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:20 pm

ye lets just have MORE pointless backtrack of areas that weve already seen 2141095 times REALLY engaging and fun.
running simulator chugging water simulator.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Sevenless » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:34 pm

The point of making travel annoying is to make you not do it, or at the very least not frequently. The entire idea of there being long travel times is to make it logistically impossible to manage an empire that spans the entire server. If warrior from kingdom A can instantly be across the world to fight kingdom B, one will be destroyed or at least kowtow to the other eventually. But if it's 1-2 hour response time for each fight, maybe kingdom A just lets kingdom B do its own thing.

I'm not saying people should run 3-4 hours. I'm saying they shouldn't.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Re: Jorb look at dis when scrolling (caravan teleport)

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Granger wrote:More teleportation? No thanks.

This. Locality has only somewhat been restored with the introduction of travel weariness and oceans to cross, and I'm not convinced that the pipeweed addition for removing travel weariness is going to let that remain. Less teleportation, not more.

Sevenless wrote:Why have oceans if they're trivial to cross? Why can't transporting goods cost time?
Everything fast travel isn't the way to go imo. The entire point of oceans is to break the world up and allow more kingdoms/markets/niches to exist. That's why we can't charterstone across them (allowing that would be easier than making a special knarr structure anyway). Fast travel across them would bring us right back to one big world with 1 market, 1 kingdom.

And this... Travel and trade has to have some inherent inconvenience or everyone will just teleport to the market, and teleport home with no chance for local markets. Just like last world.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Vassteel » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:45 pm

not being able to fast travel adds a value to transporting goods.

if you don't want to haul the goods yourself pay someone else to do it for you.

I %100 plan on participating in all world markets buying and trading goods wherever feasible. Or delivering commodities to nearby waterways for a fee of course.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby Lalaxx » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:34 pm

ty jorbo
Lalaxx

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:55 am

you do realize, that there were a bunch of similar requests before yours, right?
even searching exact "wagon station" would hit something from 2017, no need to say that such ideas appeared the day Knarr Dock was implemented in every non-empty head.

im kinda afraid of the day when bridges will be implemented and hundreds of players will fight for "finally jorb heard MY idea" prize
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Nektaris » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:31 am

Enjoyment_2 wrote:you do realize, that there were a bunch of similar requests before yours, right?
even searching exact "wagon station" would hit something from 2017, no need to say that such ideas appeared the day Knarr Dock was implemented in every non-empty head.

im kinda afraid of the day when bridges will be implemented and hundreds of players will fight for "finally jorb heard MY idea" prize

Who cares? Just be happy that it got implemented.
Nektaris

Postby Lalaxx » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:23 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:you do realize, that there were a bunch of similar requests before yours, right?

dunno im just glad that all those people who were protesting against can suck it specially granger
Lalaxx

Postby hektor96643 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:47 am

Lalaxx wrote:

dunno im just glad that all those people who were protesting against can suck it specially granger

Ppl lack the concept of brainstorming. They tend to think the original idea "must be implement as it is first written" or some thing.
hektor96643

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas