Ship that has not had helm manned 24 hours after been built

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Ship that has not had helm manned 24 hours after been built

Postby vatas » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:32 pm

Should be made able to be lockpicked. Basically a fix to this: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69136
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Ship that has not had helm manned 24 hours after been bu

Postby vatas » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:48 pm

I realized this proposal has some problems:

"Burden of required knowledge" is shifted from "be very careful when installing a lock" to "move the Snekkja around for a bit after installing a lock."

Maybe get a ping message "lock will become permanent and tamper-proof once ship is moved" but this is tarting to get convoluted.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby blank » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:02 pm

why not just have something as small as a message that appears and says there is already a master key attuned for this lock, would you still like to proceed?
blank

Postby vatas » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:16 pm

blank wrote:why not just have something as small as a message that appears and says there is already a master key attuned for this lock, would you still like to proceed?

Sounds pretty good.

vatas

Postby Aceb » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:27 am

blank wrote:why not just have something as small as a message that appears and says there is already a master key attuned for this lock, would you still like to proceed?

This is probably one of best solutions that there is, instead of adding another tedious chore to the routine.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby boreial » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:51 am

or..... pay attention to what you are doing. "Measure twice, cut once."
boreial

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:43 am

I really don't understand why OP created this thred...
some newbie just found random lock and put it on his boat, and now we discussing how to protect other newbies of such mistakes?
what next "we will change the game into some corridor-like "RPG" where you're led by storyteller hand-in-hand without any chance to fail?
is it something OP wants HnH to become?

again, newbie put a lock with "set to a key" note on it, he didn't read what is already written on lock-crafting icon, didn't asked anyone and made a stupid thing... now he will learn the thing. that's how you gain experience in HnH. no need to do anything with that.
the only thing I can think about in this case - is some highlight of the lock, when you have a key for them, and maybe a slightly different icons for lock with key and lock without a key, but that's max.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:47 am

Enjoyment_2 wrote:some newbie just found random lock and put it on his boat

Let me stop you there. I'd hardly call an account from 2011 a "newbie." People do make mistakes. My village leader last world was changing out locks and keys on some gates after a few members up and disappeared, and mistakenly put the wrong lock on the new gates. It happens. (We at least had keys and didn't have to take gates out to change locks again... Just sucks he wasted a few good steel locks to do so.)

I don't necessarily object to the idea, but 24 hours probably isn't enough time to allow a boat to be accessed without the key.

Otherwise, I'm a collector of "lost boats" and support this changed!
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:15 pm

Maybe if the ship is on your claim, you can right click it to activate 24h timer after which the lock is destroyed.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Return to Critique & Ideas