Wrecking Ball idea (cascade and safe demolish)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Wrecking Ball idea (cascade and safe demolish)

Postby vatas » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:28 am

Changes I'm suggesting:

1. Wrecking Ball NEVER causes cascade.

2. Wrecking Ball can now be moved 1 tile with no cooldown, or with minimal cooldown (something like 1 in-game hour that would be roughly 20 minutes.) EDIT: this action needs to be restricted to people who have vandalism permissions to claim, ie. can't do it as a crime action.)

With this change, you could safely change locks in properly built airlock gates, AND demolish large sections of now-unnecessary walls without spending weeks on waiting 24 hour dry-times or having to build 10 wrecking balls.
Last edited by vatas on Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Wrecking Ball idea (cascade and safe demolish)

Postby shubla » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:10 am

So I could build a wrecking ball 1000 tiles from my enemy and then move it 1 tile at a time?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: Wrecking Ball idea (cascade and safe demolish)

Postby vatas » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:52 am

Good point, 1 tile move needs to be something you need vandalism permissions to, like building a wall (can't do that even as a crime action if you lack permissions.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to Critique & Ideas