Milestone=bullsh*t

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Milestone=bullsh*t

Postby wojsz20 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:20 pm

Hello , to anybody who create(create xd....monkeys do better) milestone traveling/following mechanics.How can I just travel from one milestone to another while i cant even travel from one small to next small one milestone !!!!??? Basicly i just click "travel"and characters stays at this same spot.Who knows how to fix it? Cuz as i can see ,Devs dont care about it , better just put broken sh*t mechanic into the game and didnt care :lol: :lol:

wojsz20

Re: Milestone=bullsh*t

Postby MadNomad » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:43 pm

if it isn't placed correctly you will get stuck on the sign

the place your character will go to when travelling to that sign will be a place like 2 or 3 tiles away from the front of this sign, so you are supposed to rotate it before building it, and place it in a correct place
for example you could build roads by placing signs in a straight line and then rotating all of them so their fronts face either right or left side (just an example, you can do it another way, especially if it is a curved road)

also some things you wrote here are misjudged and it's just you not knowing what's wrong with the signs here
Last edited by MadNomad on Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadNomad

Postby azrid » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:46 pm

place the spawn pointer arrow of a milestone so there is no hitbox between the pointer arrows
azrid

Postby MadNomad » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:49 pm

yes this is exactly what I meant

if you just stumbled upon this road while travelling then just know that this one was build wrong by someone who didn't realise about that
MadNomad

Postby vatas » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:08 am

I think roads built like that USED to work in a previous world(s) and people had the incentive to do that since this would prevent randoms from using follow to get to your points of interest easily.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby azrid » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:25 am

vatas wrote:I think roads built like that USED to work

Can confirm this was a thing before.
azrid

Postby loftar » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:14 pm

vatas wrote:I think roads built like that USED to work in a previous world(s) and people had the incentive to do that since this would prevent randoms from using follow to get to your points of interest easily.

Indeed.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:19 pm

loftar wrote:
vatas wrote:I think roads built like that USED to work in a previous world(s) and people had the incentive to do that since this would prevent randoms from using follow to get to your points of interest easily.

Indeed.

The incentive was mostly just that you didn't have to redirect the milestones at all, so it was easier to build. Anyone interested in scouting roads would just bash an intermediate one, build a wood road sign and teleport along it. Following is just a waste of time.
DDDsDD999

Postby loftar » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:40 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:The incentive was mostly just that you didn't have to redirect the milestones at all, so it was easier to build. Anyone interested in scouting roads would just bash an intermediate one, build a wood road sign and teleport along it. Following is just a waste of time.

There actually are those of us who follow roads out of curiosity and convenience rather than scouting of hostiles, so it's kinda nice to be able to use them without having to commit crimes.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Return to How do I?