Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby vatas » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:22 pm

pawnchito wrote:Interesting. ty.

If you steal a bunch of stuff and get your thief behind visitor gates are you untouchable?

I was going to post warning about not leaving the character outside near the gate, because you can aggro through open gate and visitor buff doesn't prevent fighting, only aggroing, but it was indirectly fixed with "can't go through visitor gate while in combat" -change.

Also if you're outside and close to outer wall, you can be shot with a catapult.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Nektaris » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:47 am

When raising attributes do the feps exceeding the fep bar count toward the calculation?

Example:

My max stat is 20. I eat a food that gives me 5 INT and lowers my bar to 15. Then I eat another food that gives 7 STR lowering my bar to 10.
The fep sum is 12 but the bar is at 10.
What are the chances of raising on of the two attributes respectively?
5 divided by 12 for INT and 7 divided by 12 for STR?
Nektaris

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:00 am

Nektaris wrote:When raising attributes do the feps exceeding the fep bar count toward the calculation?

Yes. All eaten count toward the random roll. The chance will be 5/12 for INT, 7/12 for STR.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Nektaris » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:22 pm

Thank you for your answers, guys.

What is the Delta sign in combat Maneuvers?
This is Death or Glory's description:
"When attacked:
You gain 0.75·Δ points of Initiative against the opponent."

What does that mean?
Nektaris

Postby vatas » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:15 pm

IIRC delta value is determined by the difference of the amount of UA/MC of attacker (depends if UA or MC move us used) and UA/MC of defender (depending on which one maneuver uses.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Nektaris » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:22 pm

vatas wrote:IIRC delta value is determined by the difference of the amount of UA/MC of attacker (depends if UA or MC move us used) and UA/MC of defender (depending on which one maneuver uses.)

But that doesn't explain how the calculation is done.
If I'm using Bloodlust with 100 UA and my opponent had 500UA, what's the Delta?

I really don't understand how the comparison is done.
I've found almost nothing on the forums about this.
Nektaris

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:28 pm

The delta is my combat skill vs your combat skill. This is expressed as a ratio that can then be calculated into a floating point value. Next, if the range of difference of the two players is less than 2x (or a range of [.5, 2.0]), the two values are treated as a 1:1 ratio. After this, a cube root is applied to the value to get the final delta. This is my understanding from the patch notes.

In the case of bloodlust, your defensive value will only be 75% of your actual UA skill, or 75 for a UA of 100. If your opponent is using a basic melee combat attack at 100 MC, quick barrage being one, you then have a ratio of 75:100. In the case of Death or Glory, you get .75 IP per attack your opponent makes.

Nektaris wrote:what's the Delta?

This is where I've not messed with the numbers enough to test a formula, and may be wrong. As I understand, since if it falls into that 2x range, it's effectively a 1:1 ratio for the delta calculation meaning that bloodlust and a few other maneuvers have no real penalty (or bonus) vs equal opponents. Also, as I understand it, it's still a smooth curve, just with a segment of it being a straight line spreading out what would otherwise be a natural cube root curve (if you've done the Cartesian graphs for cubes/cube roots before, you should be able to visualize it). Without sitting down and working out an algorithm for it, I can't give you exact values for the 100 vs 500 example you gave.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby pawnchito » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:13 am

Does claiming natural resources cause authority to drain faster?
pawnchito

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:38 am

pawnchito wrote:Does claiming natural resources cause authority to drain faster?

Fast answer: Yes

Not quite fast answer: Each claimed resource creates an amount of upkeep on the village covering it. I believe the value has been posted somewhere, but I don't recall where and what the value is. I'm not spotting it on the wiki in the "usual places"--village claim, village, village claim, lawspeaking, lawspeaker, natural resource. If I were to just make a stab at it from memory, it's more than the idol's base drain of 5000 per game day, but less than 10,000.
MagicManICT

Postby pawnchito » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:39 am

nice. its not nearly enough, i had no idea it was in effect and i have like 5 resources claimed. Thanks dude.
pawnchito

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?