PVE, Server, Host Own.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

PVE, Server, Host Own.

Postby bladeking230 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:41 am

I know it's probably been said before, And I understand devs don't wanna do it; but Having your own server / world would make people play it more often, I personally would still be playing, I understand it makes the main server for pvp drop off. But in reality the main server only lasts at high pop for a month or two before it drops back down to a few hundred again, then like 100 ish, and mainly just people running bots to keep up the Q grind going. A lot of people play for the first little bit and get wiped out by big factions or fucked over real quick and drop off. If those players could play with their mates at their own pace without worrying about getting offline wiped or raided. Then you're consumer base would constantly be higher, even though they aren't on the main pvp server. I love early wipe raiding and pvp because everyone's fresh as, but It's lacking longevity for players like myself whom only get a few days off here and there to play and don't really want to spend every waking minute playing the game.

My idea would be to:

Make the main server Smaller in world size to provoke more PVP. have a PVE server. Also make it so people can make their own worlds and have them generate at what ever size the player would like. Also allow stat manipulation to allow players to see what kind of levels they need for certain things, IE killing trolls and mammys solo, PVP practice. on the PVP main server make stat gain abit faster and half the downtime on some things to allow faster more aggressive play styles.

I know most of this has probably been said and suggested and it'll go straight to the DEAD pile.

I just wanted my own little rant <3
Hope everyone's having a good time atm.
bladeking230

Re: PVE, Server, Host Own.

Postby pawnchito » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:18 am

That pve server would be a real clustefuck of trolling. People troll hella hard as is. I could just imagine the shenanigans that could happen on a pve only server.

It would be cool to manipulate stats in valhalla and summon stuff to fight but it would take some of the game charm away. think you can take a mammoth? try it, you lose you die. No training wheels.
pawnchito

Postby Fostik » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:24 am

We are already on PvE server, fights and sieges are pretty optional
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby vatas » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:29 am

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:29 pm

Private servers have been a fairly frequent enough ask, too. Enough so that I'm obliged to lay down the moderator gavel and close the thread. We appreciate the opinions, but there are more established places to carry on the existing conversation if it's a debate you want and not just make your opinion known.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Critique & Ideas