Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby kiddoinc » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:47 am

Can you chip a questgiver to the point of being liftable and bring his booty home?
kiddoinc

Postby vatas » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:01 am

kiddoinc wrote:Can you chip a questgiver to the point of being liftable and bring his booty home?

You used to be able to do that, people would collect them behind walls.

Was fixed, when boulder questgiver is chipped to state where it becomes liftable, it dies.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby creeperus » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pm

What do i need to start doing alchemy
? I have table, tripod, retort and testtube rack. Is that i need instruments from precious metals to start?
creeperus

Postby vatas » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:06 pm

creeperus wrote:What do i need to start doing alchemy
? I have table, tripod, retort and testtube rack. Is that i need instruments from precious metals to start?

To make Herbal Swill and Mushroom Decoction, you only need http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Mortar_%26_Pestle (equip it in your hands.)

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Burette this indeed requires a "nugget of precious metal" which currently means one of three metals; gold, silver, and rose gold.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:08 pm

you also need to discover a pot
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby creeperus » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:35 pm

vatas wrote:
creeperus wrote:What do i need to start doing alchemy

To make Herbal Swill and Mushroom Decoction, you only need http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Mortar_%26_Pestle (equip it in your hands.)

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Burette this indeed requires a "nugget of precious metal" which currently means one of three metals; gold, silver, and rose gold.

So without gold or silver we cant do anything? We can craft herb mix and stone calnication + lye abelation
creeperus

Postby vatas » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:42 pm

You only need burette for some more advanced alchemy things, I've only ever made Herbal Swill and Mushroom Decoction, you need only the Mortar&Pestle to make those.

You can make elixir like this by crafting Mushroom Decoction with yellowfeet mushroom, blueberries, and fluorospar stone.

vatas

Postby BorikGor » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:58 am

In Alchemy, is there a reason I can't make a potion from measured distillate, lye ablution, or from fiery combustion?

I can make three kinds of the potions from any raw ingredients (herbs, stones or mushrooms), but not from processed ingredients..
BorikGor

Postby vatas » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:07 pm

Only have the ingredients you are trying to use in your inventory, then shuffle them around (recipe may require any specific ingredient but hogs the only one for slot that could use any ingredient.)

IIRC this solved it when I had similar problem. Crafting system is bit wonky since you don't have specific interface with slots where to put ingredients. when opening the crafting window, system highlights applicable materials based on order which they had been moved, for example if you want to use specific stone out of whole collection of them, grab it on cursor and place it back, it will count as the most recently moved.

vatas

Postby vatas » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:06 pm

BorikGor wrote:In Alchemy, is there a reason I can't make a potion from measured distillate, lye ablution, or from fiery combustion?

I can make three kinds of the potions from any raw ingredients (herbs, stones or mushrooms), but not from processed ingredients..

Possible cause, from the notes for patch that introduced Alchemy:

jorb wrote:A raw material -- base ingredient acquired from nature -- can only be used once in an alchemical elixir or process, meaning that you can't, for example, use both Blueberries and an Herbal Grind made from two blueberries, to create a perfectly matched elixir.

vatas

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?