Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby kiddoinc » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:15 pm

How can i get rid of a cairn on my property?
kiddoinc

Postby Acefirebird » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:55 pm

Do Cupboards break down / decay in caves with paved floor?
Spooky.
Acefirebird

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:57 pm

kiddoinc wrote:How can i get rid of a cairn on my property?

Realm cairn? You need to be part of a different realm and challenge the cairn. If the realm is out of authority, you can just bash it.

Acefirebird wrote:Do Cupboards break down / decay in caves with paved floor?

Yes, at a slower rate (10 times I think) compared to the overworld. But they still decay.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby valeriesusanne » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:39 am

Thanks for the reply! Considering I almost killed myself by accident, I'll think I'll just leave alchemy alone... I'm exactly the sort of person who would do just that! At this point I wouldn't survive another mistake :?
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby Acefirebird » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:20 am

Can filled cupboards be placed inside a Snekkja as cargo? Can a wheelbarrow be placed inside a Snekkja?

fun fact: "Snekkja" roughly means "snake". The Snekkja was the smallest and most numerous longship used by the vikings.
Spooky.
Acefirebird

Postby vatas » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:28 am

Acefirebird wrote:Can filled cupboards be placed inside a Snekkja as cargo? Can a wheelbarrow be placed inside a Snekkja?

fun fact: "Snekkja" roughly means "snake". The Snekkja was the smallest and most numerous longship used by the vikings.

Filled Cupboard (and Metal Cabinet) can't be placed into anything. Filled Wheelbarrows can be placed.

Haven and Viking Snekkjas seem to be different beasts. While Haven Snekkja is purely sail-driven ship that can only carry 4 Hearthlings, Viking Snekkja has at least 20 People rowing it.

Neat video series about vikings and their seafaring
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby tyrtix » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:18 pm

looks like i'm getting somewhere here with alchemy :3

alchemy.jpg
alchemy.jpg (14.91 KiB) Viewed 281 times
tyrtix

Postby shubla » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:25 pm

tyrtix wrote:looks like i'm getting somewhere here with alchemy :3

alchemy.jpg

Maybe if you drink it you become intelligent enough to realize that it was not so good idea!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby tyrtix » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:42 pm

shubla wrote:
tyrtix wrote:looks like i'm getting somewhere here with alchemy :3

alchemy.jpg

Maybe if you drink it you become intelligent enough to realize that it was not so good idea!

You don't really think i drink these, right? they go into the chemical waste dump, i cannot risk emptying them on the ground and have a bear lick some of it.
tyrtix

Postby vatas » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:26 pm

That elixir could be un-ironically useful if you needed to craft something important capped by INT or PER, and drinking the elixir got you past the softcap.

Basically you have to use the table at wiki and make elixir with ingredients that have matching properties.

You can make elixir like this by crafting Mushroom Decoction with yellowfeet mushroom, blueberries, and fluorospar stone.

It works because "concussion" "lore" or "severe mauling" properties are matched by more than one ingredient.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?