Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby maze » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:20 am

saltyfish wrote:Crop q cap and lack of metal spiraling. Initially it looked like good ideas, but these fell flat in view of the overall game play. I don't need spiraling, but some ways to boost metal quality is a glaring gap in the game mechanics.

the q of metal can go up. just very slowly. same with crops. again very (very) slowly.

~ for changes, I would like to see more content. Early game changes + late game town changes.

-Animals were a pain in the ass again, running away....Basiclly only noobs spent anytime fighting animals. it was better to just gun down animals with bows (what I didn't mind...)
-Cheesing animals in dungeons were the best way to get early world shit + getting q100 trees with in the first week (ffs dumb loot drops should be dependent on the highest player stat or something)
-the pali cheesing was abused, whales are/were abused by factions that new the tricks.
-troll mine hole cheese or alt lock cheese.

-ANGLERS WERE BOTTED TO FKING HELL - like holy shit I even had a bot for this because it was so fking demanded! something like 100 bots just to check water spots every 25 mins. I spent nearly all my game time hunting down q 400 anglers for hides and curios. they were just god tier at the point. It also became super completive in my village for angler curio/meat.

so many fixes happen that were nice. all the boat shit ruined a lot of peoples days.
The fact boats of factions player will ALWAYS be faster is semi annoying. it made traveling on the water toxic as fk.
-Large Boats should be unable to go into the shallows in river systems or atlest make them crawl speed when passing them. this should help people in row boats from getting ganked.

When the first day starts claims are cancer- griefers come to knock down your claim and the only way to protect it during drying period is by standing alts around it.
This should change to be a semi skrim match.
-Click idol, either [protect] or [challenge]
if protect, a small area will be displayed and you must stay inside it. a green mark will display over your head. you must have yeomanry to protect. anyone else is also able to protect but they will not get green marks.
Challengers must have yeomanry. when they challange they will be able to see the green mark player. this will start a fight. if they knock out the green player he will be teleport to outside the circle/area and the challangers can then try to bash the claim.
They can also knock out anyone else in the area during this incase alt block happens.
they can't bash the claim until they beat the green mark player.
Challengers will also leave a scent that can be tracked back to either their claim or fires.

Once a claim is dried it can be turned into a personal claim or a guild claim.
You can be invited into any guild claim.
Guild claims will act like personal claim, but anyone can claim a guild token to give exp.
This would ideally help towns with management later but also help with management earlier in the world with groups/permissions in other towns.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Thatguyintheback100 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:22 pm

They definitely need some more mid game activities and maybe an early game dungeon. I'm talking like a 5 room dungeon that someone with with 50 str/agl and 50 in ua/mc can handle solo or a group of spruce caps could do.
I'd also love to see a change to stop alt spamming and botting but that'll never happen so im not too hopeful. All of the wacky ideas for resetting so often or breaking up the pop or resetting a world but not characters are really not great and would fall flat really fast. I'd love to see just general balancing and new content added where it's really needed rather than just random additions. I'd love fun little stuff like maybe a stone grill that can be used instead of a roasting spit, has a chance to break and caps food q at stone q, but can be used as a frying pan early on. stuff like that
Thatguyintheback100

Postby dafels » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:17 pm

There is enough of content in the game already, way too much content actually, it is too much clutter to be making any enjoyable synergy between the features. Better rework existing content and remove the failed concepts.
But I think the devs have a really hard time to understand this fact and still keep pumping out new content stubbornly, most of them being mainstream shitter ideas anyway.

The game has not grown in any way as much as they started pumping out new content, it has done quite the opposite, make the game more unpleasant, it is not bringing in more players, they need to re-think what they are doing. If the foundation sucks for the game, there is no benefit of adding new features and it is just simply a waste of time. I'm very critical, but it is true from my perspective.
dafels

Postby Jalpha » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:21 pm

Clans (oops factions) rule but.

I totally support any additions to the game which enhance the experience of the solo hermit. Especially in the early game. I can only see server life lasting longer if the solo experience is enhanced and provides a time buffer between the start of a world and the point where hermits simply cannot compete. (Maybe think level caps/single player requirement on some dungeons idk). I just don't know how the devs feel about this because I'm not sure that solo hermits stick around for as long or contribute as much to the devs wallet as the faction players do. Solo hermitage is where the gameplay really is imho.

At some point though every hermit is going to fall victim to the factions in one way or another and this is how it should be.

I don't play at the same level as dafels though, so I can't speak for what would enhance gameplay at his level.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby dafels » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:33 pm

Jalpha wrote:At some point though every hermit is going to fall victim to the factions in one way or another and this is how it should be.

You can't expect a solo hermit to be able to compete with a group of people that is working together.

I don't play at the same level as dafels though, so I can't speak for what would enhance gameplay at his level.

I'm not playing, just being salty about how bad the game is now and it has been mainly on downfall for past years. Maybe I should just lose my hope and just leave it to rot and let it experience its natural death the way salem did. There are some nice things they have added though, but most of them are crap, not even talking about the features they have designed that are centered around to prevent botting, which hurts everyone. I would like to play it though only if I actually enjoy it
dafels

Postby shubla » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:44 am

dafels wrote:There is enough of content in the game already, way too much content actually, it is too much clutter to be making any enjoyable synergy between the features. Better rework existing content and remove the failed concepts.
But I think the devs have a really hard time to understand this fact and still keep pumping out new content stubbornly, most of them being mainstream shitter ideas anyway.

The game has not grown in any way as much as they started pumping out new content, it has done quite the opposite, make the game more unpleasant, it is not bringing in more players, they need to re-think what they are doing. If the foundation sucks for the game, there is no benefit of adding new features and it is just simply a waste of time. I'm very critical, but it is true from my perspective.

I think that this is at least partially true. They often just add some mechanic and then forget about it. They should sometimes look at the old things that they've done and add some refinement to them. Make systems more tied together etc.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:53 am

Jalpha wrote:Especially in the early game. I can only see server life lasting longer if the solo experience is enhanced and provides a time buffer between the start of a world and the point where hermits simply cannot compete.

This is a misconception. The early world is the least balanced, most faction favored point in the world.
Everything's a rush, there are lots of "big" tasks that larger groups will complete far, far faster than an individual which is a big force multipler. Pepper farm, credos, finding a highQ bone spot, setting up whaling enterprises, getting wax for lower mineholes, mountain trad/marriage of the sea, steel, quality grinding in general.

Lots of haven activities that are functionally required cost a static time/resource investment, but the reward they give don't have diminishing returns the more people use it. Mineholes cost the same if one person uses it as if 100 people use it. Getting tailor/cook/blacksmith/miner/farmer/hunter/strider/lumberjack/gardener/potter on one character can benefit 100 people the same amount as it would benefit a hermit, but take the same effort(split between 100 people) to make. Lots of these tasks can be completed by an industrious hermit, it will just take far longer, yield a smaller reward, and mean they have less time to do other things that might be relevant to power projection in the meantime. That progressively matters less as making this industry will eventually have eaten a smaller amount of the total playtime they could've spent in the world, even if on an individual basis smaller groups will have had to devote much more time to it.

It's very safe to say that on day 2/3/4 of the world the sweaties/factions are stronger/in a better position than the non sweaties/factions if you were to make the same comparison 3/6/12 months into the world. Overwhelmingly more powerful in both cases, but moreso early. If your goal is to be "competitive" in some way, your best bet by far is late world
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby orjanyymi » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:32 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:
Jalpha wrote:Especially in the early game. I can only see server life lasting longer if the solo experience is enhanced and provides a time buffer between the start of a world and the point where hermits simply cannot compete.

This is a misconception. The early world is the least balanced, most faction favored point in the world.
Everything's a rush, there are lots of "big" tasks that larger groups will complete far, far faster than an individual which is a big force multipler. Pepper farm, credos, finding a highQ bone spot, setting up whaling enterprises, getting wax for lower mineholes, mountain trad/marriage of the sea, steel, quality grinding in general.

Lots of haven activities that are functionally required cost a static time/resource investment, but the reward they give don't have diminishing returns the more people use it. Mineholes cost the same if one person uses it as if 100 people use it. Getting tailor/cook/blacksmith/miner/farmer/hunter/strider/lumberjack/gardener/potter on one character can benefit 100 people the same amount as it would benefit a hermit, but take the same effort(split between 100 people) to make. Lots of these tasks can be completed by an industrious hermit, it will just take far longer, yield a smaller reward, and mean they have less time to do other things that might be relevant to power projection in the meantime. That progressively matters less as making this industry will eventually have eaten a smaller amount of the total playtime they could've spent in the world, even if on an individual basis smaller groups will have had to devote much more time to it.

It's very safe to say that on day 2/3/4 of the world the sweaties/factions are stronger/in a better position than the non sweaties/factions if you were to make the same comparison 3/6/12 months into the world. Overwhelmingly more powerful in both cases, but moreso early. If your goal is to be "competitive" in some way, your best bet by far is late world

I feel this, I play alone after friends quit, uphill battle to just maintain base alone.
Alt account.
orjanyymi

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:59 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:It's very safe to say that on day 2/3/4 of the world the sweaties/factions are stronger/in a better position than the non sweaties/factions if you were to make the same comparison 3/6/12 months into the world. Overwhelmingly more powerful in both cases, but moreso early. If your goal is to be "competitive" in some way, your best bet by far is late world

The only balanced thing I can think of late world is the lack of metal spiralling which levels out the average metal quality. Big/strong villages will always snowball faster than casuals, it's just that both faction villages quit at this point.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:26 pm

The average player doesn't have access to mountain tradition or Lv9. Both of these will compound a few times through trees/clay/cutting tool/coal before oreQ is even considered. AFAIK, the best anvil in the game is shit RN compared to the maximum quality an anvil could be, but the thing is people with these advantages can use like Q400 bones and not the best ore from L9 to produce better metal than somebody using Q700+ bones and tippytop L8 ore.

I've complained about Lv9 endlessly, in spite of always being one of the people who benefits from the imbalance, but obviously Jorb obviously hasn't been convinced by my forum reeing. I think it's really unfortunate that the average player can do everything right, put in way more effort than faction people, wait months for quality progression to happen, and still not be able to make anvils better than a faction's several month old one.

IMO, meteorites/realms have created a large social problem with the game that leads to excessively less conflict between PVP groups, and gross/unfun concentrations of power that just really don't need to be there, in addition to their quality imbalance. You guys should try to convince Jorb to make meteorites something that can't be monopolized xd it's one of the few easy changes that would have a significant tangible benefits for intermediate villages
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.