Credos Prestige

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Credos Prestige

Postby PogJoe45 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:12 am

I thought about this while I was playing a Call of Duty game the other day, basically we could have a prestige system for credos, for those who don't know, the prestige mode is an option available to players after reaching the highest possible rank in multiplayer in the popular first-person shooter video game franchise published by Activision known as Call of Duty.
Players would have the choice to reset a certain credo after completing it if they wish to increase it's prestige level. The amount of quests needed to complete the credo each prestige level would increase everytime it's been reset.
Just like in the popular fps series Call Of Duty players would get additional rewards for going the extra mile, after increasing their credo prestige level players would unlock either very small boosts to existing buffs or even new buffs or simply just cosmetics/vanity stuff such as like being able to display your prestige 5 fisherman credo through an emote that shows a golden fisherman credo badge for example.
I feel like this would be a fun way to let players further enjoy credos since we're only able to do them once per account every world, they're great content and replayability should be possible without having to make an alt.
PogJoe45
Under curfew

Re: Credos Prestige

Postby Lalaxx » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:59 am

Is it like in that popular first-person shooter video game franchise published by Activision where they have prestige levels?
Lalaxx

Postby PogJoe45 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:26 am

Lalaxx wrote:Is it like in that popular first-person shooter video game franchise published by Activision where they have prestige levels?

Yes, the one that inspired me in particular was Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.
PogJoe45
Under curfew

Postby WowGain » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:51 pm

PogJoe45 wrote:I feel like this would be a fun way to let players further enjoy credos since we're only able to do them once per account every world, they're great content and replayability should be possible without having to make an alt.

assuming this isn't some epic sarcasm im just gonna let you know that by far the community consensus is that credos are not very fun
the most forgiving opinions on them are that they have major issues that need to be fixed and there is a strong core of people who absolutely despise them in every facet
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby PogJoe45 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:43 pm

WowGain wrote:assuming this isn't some epic sarcasm im just gonna let you know that by far the community consensus is that credos are not very fun
the most forgiving opinions on them are that they have major issues that need to be fixed and there is a strong core of people who absolutely despise them in every facet

I can agree that credos are flawed in certain ways, there's always room for tweaks and improvements down the road and I trust that Jorb and Loftar will make credos even better than they currently are but I'm not quite sure how anyone can deny that they're were a great update that had a way more positive impact in the game than negative.
PogJoe45
Under curfew

Postby DatSheep » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:35 pm

Lalaxx wrote:Is it like in that popular first-person shooter video game franchise published by Activision where they have prestige levels?

i am wondering this as well fellow gamer
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby CSPAN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:34 pm

Credos are a menace to the game as they are. Plenty of good ideas have been suggested. Lets get them to make sense before we go doing something like that.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby Massa » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:13 am

I think that 25 prestige in one credo should allow one to call in a tactical nuke and reset the supergrid.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:18 am

You should be able to earn credo prestige by sending in videos proving how much you hate yourself. For example, chewing on a rock gives you the quarryman credo, swallowing the rock gives you 1 prestige on quarryman, with bonus prestige based on how large the rock is. There's a lot of possibilities here, rubbing yourself with poison ivy for forager, smashing a hammer on your fingers for blacksmith, stabbing yourself with needles for tailor. Really just spit-balling here.
DDDsDD999

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:59 pm

PogJoe45 wrote: I'm not quite sure how anyone can deny that they're were a great update that had a way more positive impact in the game than negative.

I like this mans attitude and second this opinion.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas