Time Gated Permanence

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Time Gated Permanence

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:21 am

LaserSaysPew wrote:Debatable. Losing 99% of the stats will make me create a new character cause there is no point in playing this one for at least 2 weeks(assuming I'll be regaining my stats gradually as the wound heals). Maybe 3 weeks.

That's why so many of us just make 2, 3, 4, more characters to start. Why make a new character when something bad happens when you can start off with multiple characters and feed them excess curios and food and be miles ahead of just waiting until you lose your main?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ydex » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:07 am

Yes I think this would be a step in the wrong direction for sure.

The permanence of this game needs to come from the fleetingness of it, and to be honest I think that is where the devs have lost their way.
The easier it is to lose what you have obtained the harder you must work to obtain it and if everyone loses what they have obtained with reasonable effort from some one else, then there is bliss.
bold
ydex

Postby Fostik » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:31 am

Think we should give a chance for stat cap for the next world.
If anyone will be able to spend some effort to get fighter twink, and be almost equal to top fighters - there will be bigger player involvement in PvP.

Current issues will be resolved:
- Even low level player can enter PvP, in any world stage.
- No fear to lose you character, if you can create a new one in few weeks on your high level base.
- No titans, so no dead worlds where new players don't join just because there are someone with 10k stats.
- On equal stats skill and knowledge will play bigger role.
- Group size will play bigger value than before. Group of 3 titans will not easily destroy a big village with 10 mediocre less experienced fighters.
- Gidings and armor quality will play bigger role. It will also create requirement to make a gilding set more than 1 time per world, so people will be involved in game and economics more than before.
- Everything above will create bigger sinks for everything: food, cloth, gilds, resources etc., there will be a need to trade, craft and produce more.

And still titans, botters, nolifers, hardcore players, you name it, will be able to:
- Have top gilds, that at best results will be able to double max stat cap with bonuses.
- Have better qualities, quantities and rareness of food, to raise fighter twinks easier than before.
- Have a bigger production industries, that will still give a big advantages, e.g. tonns of cheeses
Last edited by Fostik on Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Schattengaenger » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:14 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:This isn't a solution, it will only ultimately penalize new players. Even those who join as part of a community and work hard to understand the mechanics of the game will never be able to advance their stats as high as the elite. All it does is further entrench a class of Titans by creating an autocratic system based on age of account.

I'd much rather see stat caps and stats/skills that must be maintained over this.

Wouldn't it be simpler anyway to keep the stat cap Progression equal for everyone?
meaning: World starts with cap at 500 and adds 50 each month for everyone. And for a Catchup mechanic it could be a good idea to give new hearthlings a Bonus that gets gradualy bigger the later you start and gradualy decreases upon reaching stats 500.

The idea of maintained skills ain't bad either tbh, but I'd say that it goes down to About 30% of what your skill-level is when you stopped using it, but gets back up much quicker than the time it took you to get there the first time.
Edit: BTW, giving anyone a Bonus for how far they got last world is a terriblle idea. A reset is a reset, no exceptions!

But I bet both of These ideas have massive holes in them, so fire away.
Schattengaenger

Postby overtyped » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:16 pm

Schattengaenger wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:This isn't a solution, it will only ultimately penalize new players. Even those who join as part of a community and work hard to understand the mechanics of the game will never be able to advance their stats as high as the elite. All it does is further entrench a class of Titans by creating an autocratic system based on age of account.

I'd much rather see stat caps and stats/skills that must be maintained over this.

Wouldn't it be simpler anyway to keep the stat cap Progression equal for everyone?
meaning: World starts with cap at 500 and adds 50 each month for everyone. And for a Catchup mechanic it could be a good idea to give new hearthlings a Bonus that gets gradualy bigger the later you start and gradualy decreases upon reaching stats 500.

The idea of maintained skills ain't bad either tbh, but I'd say that it goes down to About 30% of what your skill-level is when you stopped using it, but gets back up much quicker than the time it took you to get there the first time.
Edit: BTW, giving anyone a Bonus for how far they got last world is a terriblle idea. A reset is a reset, no exceptions!

But I bet both of These ideas have massive holes in them, so fire away.

skill maintenance is anti progression which means anti fun.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas