Embrasures for base defense (archery tactics)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Embrasures for base defense (archery tactics)

Postby Evalunx » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:47 pm

The idea is to add embrasures to palisades and brick walls:
1) Players standing at the inner side of the embrasure should be able to shoot a bow outside the palisade/brick wall to defeat besiegers.
2) Add possibility to craft flaming arrows (arrow + tar) to do huge damage to siege engines.
3) Change the usage of archery towers - instead of auto-shooting it should be used as follows: personage that climbed on archery tower significantly increases shooting distance. Archery towers now shouldnt decay over time.
4) And maybe that will be reasonable to add a 5% chance of critical distanse attack (one shot) - for noobs with primitive bows & arrows to be able to defend themselves against 1000+ stats players.
Evalunx

Re: Embrasures for base defense (archery tactics)

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:10 pm

wtf why can't fresh characters 1 shot titans from behind their walls? jorb, the game needs this to be balanced
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby yozzik111 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:23 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:wtf why can't fresh characters 1 shot titans from behind their walls? jorb, the game needs this to be balanced

Just to note, that sounds realistic.
Wengdalf, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Severin, grandson of Yozz, Yozzik. Also an owl.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik111

Postby shubla » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:35 pm

yozzik111 wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:wtf why can't fresh characters 1 shot titans from behind their walls? jorb, the game needs this to be balanced

Just to note, that sounds realistic.

yeah I see 0 reasons why botted titans should be able to make all noobs of this game quit.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Naimad » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:39 pm

a little change is enough. RESET W 12
Naimad

Postby yozzik111 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:22 pm

Naimad wrote:a little change is enough. RESET W 12

So you suggest repeating same action while expecting different results? That what "idiocy" means.
Wengdalf, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Severin, grandson of Yozz, Yozzik. Also an owl.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik111

Postby strpk0 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:58 pm

I would suggest instead making it so you can attach hats/sub tokens to arrows. Call it the "Peace Arrow".
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:07 am

yozzik111 wrote:
Naimad wrote:a little change is enough. RESET W 12

So you suggest repeating same action while expecting different results? That what "idiocy" means.

I thought it was 'insanity'.... To be fair, we're all still here after 12 worlds. ;)

Evalunx wrote:2) Add possibility to craft flaming arrows (arrow + tar) to do huge damage to siege engines.

This is what the archery towers, that already exist in game, do. You're more than welcome to make a sally forth to go wreck siege weapons by hand if you want to destroy them faster.

Siege archery should be a viable part of combat in the game, but there's so much actual work that needs to go into it, I don't hold out hopes of it ever seeing the light of day in Haven... or at least not in the next few years.

Several aspects of Haven need to be fixed. You don't fix those aspects by creating other poorly balanced mechanics.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Critique & Ideas