The "Cattle Roster" menu, and why it isn't currently useful

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: The "Cattle Roster" menu, and why it isn't currently use

Postby vatas » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:41 pm

Currently, the roster doesn't even say whether the animals are male or female.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:21 pm

vatas wrote:Currently, the roster doesn't even say whether the animals are male or female.

Enjoyment_2 wrote:seems a bit odd to me. These issues don't make the feature broken/unusable at all (the missing "sex" column is what makes it broken)

also
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Thaydi » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:08 am

Good suggestions. I think that this would make the feature to be perfect for everyone, not only those with billions of cattle.
World 10 - Founder and Duke of the Duchy of Rattenschloß
World 9 - Founder of Meadhaus County
Thaydi

Postby shubla » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:09 am

Another useless feature that devs refuse to polish, but instead just add and forget? Time will tell, in its current state it certainly is not enough and there is still a need for custom client livestock manager if one wants all of the missing things.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Zodiac215 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:15 pm

cattle roster is indeed a nice feature, but this needs to get some improvments the reach its potential, this posts describes well it needs
Zodiac215

Postby Scilly_guy » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:03 pm

I agree that it needs changing and although I didn't thoroughly read the OPs suggestion I got the basic idea and think it is good but I doubt J&L will go to the lengths needed to implement it.

It could be much more straight forward to keep the memorize feature, but change the roster so it stores a reference to that animal, if the animal is in the roster add a high light to it when the roster is open. This would allow you to change the name of an animal in either place and the other place is updated as you are actually altering the same data. In terms of if an animal leaves the village, ie you sell it or something, I have no easy fix for that but I assume the current roster doesn't either, you can use it to track animals anywhere in the world? This might be handy for finding horses when I noobs get KO'd in PvE.
Scilly_guy

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas