Game Development: Mushroom Circle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mushroom Circle

Postby Ag_Revol » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:03 pm

shubla wrote:
Ag_Revol wrote:Oh nice, balancing update
It ain't much but that's something the game needs.

Question about WWW catchup mechanic: as I understand it - it's fairly random, so instead of getting "local" quality you can get the quality that is being grown somewhere in the world, which can be ANY quality. Does it mean it can actually be lower than "local" quality? If so, it'd be a problem at the world start where first ones to pick up good q WWWs are getting decent quality, while people who came late are getting q of around 10, because most people would just plant crops for the sake of planting. I mean it's not that big of a deal, but can be quite annoying as I see it

Yeah somebody could also plant 1000x1000 field of shit q crops to reduce chances of somebody getting his high q stuff.

True, I can see some people doing that. Maybe checking for "actively growing" plants would be a better idea? That could be quite hard on the server tho
Make Kebabs Great Again!
W6-8 - Hermit
W9 - Amish Paradise
W10 - Amish Paradise then Hermit
W11 - A.D.
W12 - Lawspeaker of Avalon
W13 - Konung of Norsca
W14 - Konung of Norsca
Ag_Revol

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:08 pm

Does the WWW change mean if there's q500 carrots and you get a WWW for it, does it give a carrot seed? It won't give a random q500 pepper?
DDDsDD999

Postby loftar » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:10 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Does the WWW change mean if there's q500 carrots and you get a WWW for it, does it give a carrot seed? It won't give a random q500 pepper?

Indeed.

Ag_Revol wrote:Question about WWW catchup mechanic: as I understand it - it's fairly random, so instead of getting "local" quality you can get the quality that is being grown somewhere in the world, which can be ANY quality. Does it mean it can actually be lower than "local" quality? If so, it'd be a problem at the world start where first ones to pick up good q WWWs are getting decent quality, while people who came late are getting q of around 10, because most people would just plant crops for the sake of planting. I mean it's not that big of a deal, but can be quite annoying as I see it

The chance to get the quality that someone has grown isn't so huge that I'd worry about this actively being a problem. But yes, it can happen.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby MrM » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:13 pm

A very decent update! 8-)
MrM

Postby Redlaw » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:14 pm

Finnaly can heal a wound I got at the start of the world lol.
Redlaw

Postby Ag_Revol » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:16 pm

loftar wrote:The chance to get the quality that someone has grown isn't so huge that I'd worry about this actively being a problem. But yes, it can happen.

Some kind of "Not lower than local quality" check would be great to have
Make Kebabs Great Again!
W6-8 - Hermit
W9 - Amish Paradise
W10 - Amish Paradise then Hermit
W11 - A.D.
W12 - Lawspeaker of Avalon
W13 - Konung of Norsca
W14 - Konung of Norsca
Ag_Revol

Postby Pickard » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:24 pm

"Reduced cost of Study Desk from 10 to 6 boards, and from 16 to 8 wood blocks."
And increase glue cost from 4 to 8 for balance ¦]
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby strpk0 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:36 pm

Nifty looking patch, great job!

Only one question:
jorb wrote:[*] Added "A Prayer for Opulence", ancestral worship prayer. Gives you one random item from the global pool of items sacrificed to the ancestors.

Isn't this kind of pointless? I'm not so sure people are actually sacrificing items worth keeping.
Maybe can prove me wrong with some stats on cool items people are sacrificing, but otherwise I unno about how useful this will be.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Zodiac215 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:40 pm

Nice update,
The crop circle still disappear at winter or it constantly looses his power and you can just keep powering up?
Zodiac215

Postby loftar » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:47 pm

strpk0 wrote:Isn't this kind of pointless? I'm not so sure people are actually sacrificing items worth keeping.

Perhaps, it was more a fun thing than something that was intended to be powerful.

Zodiac215 wrote:The crop circle still disappear at winter or it constantly looses his power and you can just keep powering up?

jorb wrote:Crop Circle effect is halved each winter, rather than the circles being removed entirely.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements