Game Development: Roe Stuffed Fixes

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Roe Stuffed Fixes

Postby jorb » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:30 pm

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added "Roe Stuffing", stuffing.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Cleaned up the cast fishing interface with proper columns and icons for "Chance To Bite" and "Chance To Land", to make the interface more understandable.
  • Added variable materials to "Hitching Post"s. They now take wood color from whatever type of wood they were made from.
  • Buffs with attribute bonuses should now present those (e.g. "Fire & Smoke" buff from smoking pipe stuff) in their tooltips.
  • Tame Horses should no longer flee upon receiving any sort of damage in combat, but rather after about half their HP is gone.
  • Increased the base effects of distilled spirits to make them better.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Clambakes can now be made with any "Edible Seashell", rather than "River Pearl Mussel"s specifically. Added food crafting buffs to clams, mussels, &c.
  • Ovens will now visually show one dough or bread item, indicating what is in them.
  • Removed a lingering stat buff from "Woodland Realm" Realm Blessing.
  • Added specific barrel and bucket graphics for "Saltwater".
  • Fixed a bug preventing you from opening multiple "Curding Tub"s.
  • "Irrlight"s should now show on the minimap.
  • Added website sketch preview to "Snekkja"s.
  • The Wilderness Beacon spawn option in the character creation room no longer refers to charter stones, but, rather, uses the term "Spawn Secret". Reported here.
  • Fixed a bug by which you would keep drinking alchohol after having been knocked out from drinking alchohol. Game less or more realistic? Not sure.

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Item, for the fair price of $9, is the "Skullcracker".

Store Description wrote:Image$9 When you'd give anything for an extra weapon slot.

All Gold subscribers have been awarded the "Skullcracker", free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • We would like to change Visitor Gates so that, rather than building gates as Visitor Gates, you can set them as such while you have a master key for the gate, and with a somewhat significant casting time. We think making that change should be mostly fine, but it may invalidate certain security arrangements that people may have (presently unknown infiltrators with master keys being able to flip visitor gates to normal gates, for example), so we figured we'd run this by the community first. Feel free to opine.
  • Again urging any custom client maker who wishes to stay relevant to get with the new rendering times. Support for the old resources will be dropped at some point.
  • Our primary development direction is toward object-controlled-objects.
  • Time to... like us on Facebook?
  • Time to... follow us on Twitter?

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Roe Stuffed Fixes

Postby Southpaw » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:30 pm

more credos when?
jaws hat enthusiast, entrepreneur, avid appreciator of the arts
Southpaw

Postby loskierek » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:33 pm

ooooof a day after a bear scared my horse away.....
loskierek

Postby loftar » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:33 pm

Southpaw wrote:more credos when?

Not sure if serious suggestion, but as mentioned elsewhere, we're considering a fairly major overhaul to the credo questing system. We haven't actually managed to make it fleshed out enough to be something that we can implement, but we're currently putting more credos a bit on hold until we know what that might mean for them (unless there's some credo that we'd particularly want to implement, I guess).
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Southpaw » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:34 pm

loftar wrote:

Not sure if serious suggestion, but as mentioned elsewhere, we're considering a fairly major overhaul to the credo questing system. We haven't actually managed to make it fleshed out enough to be something that we can implement, but we're currently putting more credos a bit on hold until we know what that might mean for them (unless there's some credo that we'd particularly want to implement, I guess).

i figured you guys abandoned the fuck out of that idea since i haven't read anything since it was mentioned
jaws hat enthusiast, entrepreneur, avid appreciator of the arts
Southpaw

Postby pbbllt » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:37 pm

loftar wrote:we're considering a fairly major overhaul to the credo questing system

Fuck yes, I beg of thee. Make it simply static instead of RNG based disaster of an abandonfest it is now.
pbbllt

Postby Sollar » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:37 pm

Don't you usually make the new hat available in the store for non gold subscribers? :?
***edited My bad - I was to quick to write this ****
Sollar

Postby loftar » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:39 pm

Southpaw wrote:i figured you guys abandoned the fuck out of that idea since i haven't read anything since it was mentioned

No, it's not that we've abandoned it, it's just that it's a fairly abstract idea, and we haven't managed to bring it down to something concrete and implementable yet. If anything, I'm pretty excited to get working on it, but that presupposes a workable plan for it, and it has been a bit of a tough nut.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Slowwalker » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:39 pm

loftar wrote:

But what about the creed of the alchemist? Such a wide layer of the world ... It's a pity, I hoped that it would appear soon.
Slowwalker

Postby SavageFox » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:45 pm

Sollar wrote:Don't you usually make the new hat available in the store for non gold subscribers? :?
***edited My bad - I was to quick to write this ****

it's available
SavageFox

Next

Return to Announcements