Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby JesusTheAstronaut » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:51 am

pawnchito wrote:How the heck can I get alive swans!?

Attack them, kite them onto land. Enter peace mode while fighting. Once you do enough damage that they attempt to fly away, you will be out of combat due to peace mode. Then attack it again before it flies too far away and now it will fly back towards you to resume combat, even though it's at low HP. Works with pretty much all animals that you don't want to have to chase down.
JesusTheAstronaut

Postby Fostik » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:45 am

JesusTheAstronaut wrote:
Attack them, kite them onto land. Enter peace mode while fighting. Once you do enough damage that they attempt to fly away, you will be out of combat due to peace mode. Then attack it again before it flies too far away and now it will fly back towards you to resume combat, even though it's at low HP. Works with pretty much all animals that you don't want to have to chase down.

You can just catch it fleeing without this extra steps
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby JesusTheAstronaut » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:39 pm

Fostik wrote:
JesusTheAstronaut wrote:

You can just catch it fleeing without this extra steps

Do you mean by literally chasing it down instead of having it fly back to you? Chasing birds around, especially over water is a waste of time and is probably why the guy is asking in the first place.
JesusTheAstronaut

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:46 pm

He's saying you don't have to be out of combat to catch it while it's fleeing.

The moment it starts fleeing, you can just right click it, be it on foot, on a horse, in a dugout, coracle, rowboat, snekkja, or knarr.

The guy asked how to get *living* swans, not how to cheese re-aggro them.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby pawnchito » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:36 am

Nightdawg is right that was my question. Im the type of dumb that would never kill swans over water because the PLUNK, never tried right clicking them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does Brimstone spawn rate get modified by anything? eg. amount available in world, max spawned but not collected, world age, that kind of shit.
pawnchito

Postby vatas » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:33 am

pawnchito wrote:Nightdawg is right that was my question. Im the type of dumb that would never kill swans over water because the PLUNK, never tried right clicking them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does Brimstone spawn rate get modified by anything? eg. amount available in world, max spawned but not collected, world age, that kind of shit.

There should be a system in place where full Localized resources (ie. Geysirs with 15/15 brimstone stored) speed up restocking of other resources o same type.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Tammer » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:40 pm

vatas wrote:
pawnchito wrote:Does Brimstone spawn rate get modified by anything? eg. amount available in world, max spawned but not collected, world age, that kind of shit.

There should be a system in place where full Localized resources (ie. Geysirs with 15/15 brimstone stored) speed up restocking of other resources o same type.

I think they spill over into other Geysers in the world. Instead of some Geyser somewhere getting 1 piece when it reloads it gets 2.
Tammer

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:18 pm

Yeah, localized resources that are full and reach the refill time will instead make the item spawn into another localized resource that has room for the item.

The said "given" item will spawn when the first (full) localized resource reaches the time, not when the second (free slots) resource reaches the time.

I can confirm this because I've seen it even this world. I doubt it was changed.

Here's some random extra information: loftar said that unless a hearthling discovers a localized resource for the first time during the world, the resource object is not yet spawned, and therefore it can't get "full" and start throwing the product into other resources. This is why at the start of the world underground resources don't just refill everything 24/7, cause they're not spawned yet.
I hope that makes sense.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:47 am

NatalieKennedy wrote:what is keyword cannibalization?
Keyword cannibalization occurs when you have too many identical or similar keywords spread throughout the content on your website. As a result, a search engine like Google can't discern which content to rank higher. This means that sometimes it will give a higher ranking to the web page you don't mean to prioritize.

My first thought was, "you sound like a bot?"

Maybe your concern is that this "megathread" is becoming increasingly hard to search?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby iSkyLine » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:37 pm

When i click left mouse on the ground my character doesn't move but when i click on a minimap he does. Is that how it works and if not what possible ways to fix this? Thank you.

Edit: I found a topic in Bugs forum. I'll try to fix it with the information written in it.
iSkyLine

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?