my opinion on mining

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: my opinion on mining

Postby Massa » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:46 pm

These are great ideas.

Boulders werry bad.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Dimlight » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:51 pm

wonder-ass wrote:Also the mine elevator is useless due to how far u usually find ore, teleporting a cart with 6 wheelbarrows is 100x better than a stationary elevator maybe buff it so it doesn't suck? making it a stationary teleport point that isn't vertical would work.

Maybe to buff the Mine Elevator you can attach minecarts and rails to the elevator, and as long as you build out the railway you can have a minecraft that can hold a lot of ore and rocks (maybe like 6-12 wheelbarrows full?), and it can drive itself back to the elevator as long as you power it with enough coal. You will have to interact with it to move it to the end of the railway from the elevator and interact with it again to send it back to the elevator, with about a brazier or 2 worth of coal for a fully powered minecart, if it runs out of fuel it will just stop along the railway at some point.

Maybe make the railway similar to roads where you can travel along the railway to the end and back on the cart with your haul, and maybe make multiple paths for different travel locations. That way you can fast travel from your elevator on floor 1 to a floor 4 location you connected the railway to, as well as the reverse where you can travel from the end of your railway to your elevator with the cart. People already do this with roads built in the mines and carts full of wheelbarrows, so why not make a realistic version of it. Would be really cool to see some railway systems.

That is just a rough idea of a big buff you can make to the elevators.
Dimlight

Postby pawnchito » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:15 pm

wonder-ass wrote:[*]Boulders bad make it a toggle. not a single person wants to be interrupted by this.

Everything in this post was awesome but this shit right here is like the underground midges of the game.
pawnchito

Postby WillBurrows » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:24 pm

The str requirement for certain rocks is insane, mining a tunnel for 20 mins only to be stopped by "you cant even scratch the rock" is really annoying.

Biggest gripe I have.
WillBurrows

Postby Mysia » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:27 am

i would like to see logner rivers in the cave. that being sade, nonthing will probably be implemented this close to the world release that is a new idea , but maybe i am wrong
Mysia

Postby TwentyThree » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:59 am

I'm sure adding stuff like cavewax, or boulders being a toggle, would be relatively quick. The minecart idea has some merit, but I suspect it would be better to have a... designated stockpile/area? to send the item you're carrying to said stockpile from an established road. Either you have a wheelbarrow and you unload it on the end your mining from, and it gets deposited as a stockpile at the end of the road. Idk.
TwentyThree

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas