Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:20 pm

vatas wrote:Maybe:

1. Remove hunger reduction from quests completely.

2. Change LP rewards into quest boulder/tree specific curio, with variable yield like cavedust or bee that stung.

Second one is much less important I guess, not sure if people actually spam-quest even in early game to get LP.

+1 to removing hunger reduction from quests
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby sebacame » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:53 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:75% of the people who play this game: I hate questing
also 75% of the people who play this game: Hunger is a problem for some reason. Make questing mandatory so we can have two problems
also 75% of the people who play this game: *quits*

I mean, i try to not quit but as a sprucecap i hit lvl 100 at the same time as a hardcore hits 500 in every attribute and its kinda sad that i cant even begin to imagine what doing a dungeon is like, or pvp or anything like that, it just becomes "aight gonna check what i can sell on the nearby market and get a not so shitty quality tool by trading" which isnt bad at all but feels less rewarding thus most of my friends quit and i end up quitting too

Also idk about removing hunger reduction from quests completely, people spamming quests make the game feel alive by actually playing and moving around the world. The best solution would be making quests fun but that'd take months at best so im not sure
sebacame

Postby Flameturtle » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:04 am

Do some ant dungeons. I did a couple solo this world with trash stats and gear. Just takes some patience
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Tammer » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:30 am

Two weeks between announcing and launching the new world seems too long to me, unless there's something really cool happening at the end of the world.

Speaking of which, could we get some cool stuff for the last few days? A plague of chasm conchs, or a hail of meteorites, or something?
Tammer

Postby berthedin » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:36 am

The_Lich_King wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:Weekly stats cap would be really awesome (hunger won't work as expected until there is possibility to lower it via quest or salt). Rat race makes people burn out really fast

Weekly stat cap means anyone who quit for a week would become one week behind without any possibility of catching up. It means that people who quit would never come back, and some people would fall behind without any method of ever catching up. It might stop people from quitting a world as quick but it GARANTEES, they will never come back till next world.

That's why there should be weekly growing stat cap, so even when you don't play the game for 2 weeks, you can still catch up to the highest statted character easily, because stat cap at that time would be 600...
Atikin:
whats wrong with me, is that i just wanted a couple of fucking days of peace, but nah your stupid polish ass has to go and fuck it up by ko'ing ppl on the NK realm and casusing more issues and drama.
berthedin

Postby VDZ » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:05 am

The_Lich_King wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:Weekly stats cap would be really awesome (hunger won't work as expected until there is possibility to lower it via quest or salt). Rat race makes people burn out really fast

Weekly stat cap means anyone who quit for a week would become one week behind without any possibility of catching up. It means that people who quit would never come back, and some people would fall behind without any method of ever catching up. It might stop people from quitting a world as quick but it GARANTEES, they will never come back till next world.

I think they're talking about a cap to max stats which increases every week (i.e., a dynamic stat cap, in contrast to the static stat cap that was tried earlier), rather than a limit on how many stat increases a character can get in a week. A stat cap would make it easier to catch up, not harder.
VDZ

Postby The_Lich_King » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:55 am

VDZ wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:

I think they're talking about a cap to max stats which increases every week (i.e., a dynamic stat cap, in contrast to the static stat cap that was tried earlier), rather than a limit on how many stat increases a character can get in a week. A stat cap would make it easier to catch up, not harder.

A dynamic stat cap would make it easier but i am more impartial to a soft stat cap. A soft stat cap would means that those titans won't be able to soar 2000 points in str ahead of you but it still rewards you for playing more, instead of incentivising people to quit when they hit cap.

I think a soft cap at 500 would be good with a exponential cost of x1.5 the number of FEPs beyond 500. I.E to get from 500 to 501, would take you 501.5 FEPs, but to get from 699 to 700 would take 1000 FEPs. That would still reward people for playing more, but would mean that peoples stat growth would be substantially reduced after the soft cap.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Anaxyx » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:34 am

The problem is that none of the stat gain limiting suggestions really address the root of the problem which is hunger. Even if there was a dynamic/static stat cap, if you aren't eating at 300% hunger and eating the OPTIMAL foods, you're doing it wrong. This just seems such a crying shame to me with how many foods there are of varying complexity, there should be no issue with assembling a wide range of dishes for stat gains that play nicely together and with the individual dish satiation. Individual dish satiations seem to me to be the only thing really needed.

Scrap the 100%+ hunger, it was a nice attempt at giving a catchup mechanic but making a progressive softcap that makes each stat gain harder and harder to gain (way more so than it currently is) along with individual dish satiations seems like a much more natural way to curb the titans while also giving everyone else a shot at catching up. Eventually everyone's gonna be within say 50 or so stats of one another cause the grind for individual gains would become so outrageous.

Maybe leave little hunger buffs as quest rewards from trees or somethin but it seems clear from my own playing and the reading of far more experienced players that the current system just doesn't work well for long term balance.
Anaxyx

Postby xzo » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:44 am

berthedin wrote:That's why there should be weekly growing stat cap, so even when you don't play the game for 2 weeks, you can still catch up to the highest statted character easily, because stat cap at that time would be 600...

that would be actually super cool to have that cap and making it increasing weekly

this late game push (after 2 month of the game) is just too intense and players that want to stay competitive are getting burned out and dropping one by one, if there was that limitation, players would be able to take either time off, or space stat gain in time, and spend lets say one day on getting food for whole week and then they could do some other stuff, questing, exploring, hunting, raiding

I think the reason of burnout is that people are focusing more and ore on one thing that they MUST do in order to do think they ENJOY to do

also if there was a cap on str, people would not be able to reach last mine holes that quickly and it would slow down the economy a little at the start, which could also be good for other to catch up
right know its quite obvious that top fractions can get like mine hole lvl 8 before small groups can get to lvl 3, this should not really be the case and stat cap could balance this out a little as well
My mother told me Someday I would buy
Galley with good oars Sail to distant shores
Stand up high in the prow Noble barque I steer
Steady course for the haven Hew many foe-men,
hew many foe-men
xzo

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:06 am

xzo wrote:
berthedin wrote:That's why there should be weekly growing stat cap, so even when you don't play the game for 2 weeks, you can still catch up to the highest statted character easily, because stat cap at that time would be 600...

that would be actually super cool to have that cap and making it increasing weekly

this late game push (after 2 month of the game) is just too intense and players that want to stay competitive are getting burned out and dropping one by one, if there was that limitation, players would be able to take either time off, or space stat gain in time, and spend lets say one day on getting food for whole week and then they could do some other stuff, questing, exploring, hunting, raiding

I think the reason of burnout is that people are focusing more and ore on one thing that they MUST do in order to do think they ENJOY to do

also if there was a cap on str, people would not be able to reach last mine holes that quickly and it would slow down the economy a little at the start, which could also be good for other to catch up
right know its quite obvious that top fractions can get like mine hole lvl 8 before small groups can get to lvl 3, this should not really be the case and stat cap could balance this out a little as well

exactly, I wish I could sleep at night without worry that while I sleep another autism is grinding more stats than me so I become weak
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements