Using a Thatched Bed in the tutorial cancels the tutorial

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Using a Thatched Bed in the tutorial cancels the tutorial

Postby Adri » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:31 am

In the tutorial, the player is able to craft a Thatched Bed. Using its "Sleep" function, the player is booted back to the character selection screen, with the tutorial effectively being cancelled and the character created so far being lost.

It is a very small thing, but I thought I'd report it. :)
Adri

Re: Using a Thatched Bed in the tutorial cancels the tutoria

Postby vatas » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:32 am

Tutorial area (and your character before leaving it) is instanced in a way that nothing is saved if session is terminated (logging out or closing the client in anyway, including going to sleep.) Before you spawn into the game world proper.

In Haven this is mostly a non-issue, the worst case scenario is that you need to complete the minute-long process from scratch again.

In Salem this can pose more of a problem or at least an annoyance, as the instanced creation/tutorial area is much longer. I personally did maybe half of it and logged out thinking I could continue later the first time I was creating a character.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Using a Thatched Bed in the tutorial cancels the tutoria

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:57 am

You're not supposed to know of beds in the tutorial area.

You can literally kill yourself in the tutorial area before even selecting a gender for your character. But that requires you to know how to do it.

I wouldn't call this a bug. Your character doesn't get saved if you log out in the character creation area. This is just logging out with extra steps xD
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Return to Bugs