Screenshots of World 14

Various threads archived from other subforums.

Re: Screenshots of World 14

Postby Angelklaine » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:18 pm

My friend wouldn't log in because of this, so I had to abandon the mission. Sad times.
Angelklaine

Postby SavageFox » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:57 am

The Ungrateful dead
Attachments
bones.jpg
bones.jpg (94.38 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
SavageFox

Postby VDZ » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:29 am

Why is this a thing? It doesn't make sense that the character who places the pyre must be strong enough to mine the ground below (???). Not mechanically (disregarding that the builder may not be the miner, as was the case here, even if they were they have a full week to get enough strength) and especially not lore-wise (I just hauled all the wood over there, what more strength do you need to light a fire?).
VDZ

Postby Vigilance » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:36 am

VDZ wrote:Image

Why is this a thing? It doesn't make sense that the character who places the pyre must be strong enough to mine the ground below (???). Not mechanically (disregarding that the builder may not be the miner, as was the case here, even if they were they have a full week to get enough strength) and especially not lore-wise (I just hauled all the wood over there, what more strength do you need to light a fire?).

Yo, that's an AWFUL thing to complain about. Imagine setting something for 7 days, getting down, realizing you flat out cannot mine the shit. it may not be as impactful right now when the strength difference is 40 vs 100, basically, but on layer 7 when we're talking possibly hundreds off, removing it is a mistake.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby VDZ » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:55 am

Vigilance wrote:Yo, that's an AWFUL thing to complain about. Imagine setting something for 7 days, getting down, realizing you flat out cannot mine the shit. it may not be as impactful right now when the strength difference is 40 vs 100, basically, but on layer 7 when we're talking possibly hundreds off, removing it is a mistake.

Then there should be some way to check that, or some kind of other warning or notification. 'You can't pile up a stack of wood and light it on fire because you're not strong enough to mine away the ground' makes zero sense. Mechanically, it reminds me of when software decides to terminate if any input or environmental factor is not as expected without giving an 'I know what I'm doing, continue' option. If you're confident you'll be able to build a mine hole despite not having enough strength on that character right now, it shouldn't hard block you from lighting a pyre. (Ideally, it would give you an indication of how close to being able to do so you are, like when you fail to mine a wall.)
VDZ

Postby Vigilance » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:58 am

being able to check the hardness of the floor below would be a cool feature with a rock drill etc, instead of it being arcane geological knowledge crossed with RNG.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Tubby_Squirrel » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:10 pm

Tubby_Squirrel

Postby VDZ » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:00 am

VDZ

Postby wolf1000wolf » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:08 am

VDZ wrote:Image

Looks nice but ngl seems like a lot of work.
wolf1000wolf

Postby VDZ » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:11 am

It is a lot of work, but 20 FEPs for 1 hunger even at q17 is crazy. (Note that you get 1L of Batter from crafting it, and Crab Cakes requires only 0.2L.)
VDZ

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.