Hermit asks for help

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Hermit asks for help

Postby ksetrad » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:49 pm

I make the functionality that makes my degradation more enjoyable. my client is written in pure loftar code, without other heresy. I haven't played factions.
Discord of Nurgling custom client : https://discord.gg/3YF5yaKKPn
ksetrad

Postby Kaios » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:31 am

I'll take your word for it. If you're being genuine I can at least offer you some advice, if it would be of any help.

The battering ram drying time is shortened significantly when the power level of a claim is still building up to 100%, so for example if a battering ram normally takes 24 hours to build up its charge level before it can start being used on palisade walls, a claim at 10% power level would instead only require 2.4 hours (24hrs*0.10power lvl). This is the reason why your fresh claims end up destroyed so quickly even though they may have survived the initial 8 hour activation period.

It's pointless to keep building walls on the claim when someone is actively breaking them, you should instead start placing multiple over different locations and hopefully at least one of them will have the chance to build up to 100% power level. Building walls will still be difficult because it will take 72 hours for Palisade to become fully soaked making it relatively easy for someone to come along in that three day period and hand bash them down, but at least if you get a claim up to full power level you know you'll have a full day to ram check and they may not even bother with the ram at that point anyways. Brimstone is finite and it takes time to regenerate, you can usually beat it out with persistence.

Also, if you haven't done so then try and take some time to focus on Ancestral Worship quests. In particular you'll want to save numen points for the Plot Boost prayer which allows you to boost a claim's power level. Each plot boost raises a claim's maximum power level by 50%, and these boosts are permanent up to 300% and temporary beyond that point. The first plot boost costs 3 numen and goes up in cost by 2 each time. I'm not certain if you actually need to have an ancestor for that or not, but building the Ancestral Shrine is how you start the quests.
Kaios

Postby pawnchito » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:11 am

This is solid advice. Once you have a plot of land you have established there are many tools available to defend yourself further if you're brave.
pawnchito

Postby ksetrad » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:49 am

Explain this point. Yesterday I just put up a palisade, shifted by a minimap from the previous place. "Maybe it will dry up." Today it was broken. However, I see no trace of the vandal. I have about 40k (per*exp). People already got a lot more stealth*int??? Or am I building something wrong that you can break fences without vandalism?

In the first case, I had a claim as marked with a black line centered on a cross (next to the battering ram)

In the second case, I make the claim wider. I'm not sure that odor belong to the "villain"

UPD: The one who left the trespass came for 180 minimaps, but he is not a crime
ksetrad

Postby ksetrad » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:31 am

I made a very sad NPC who asks to be left alone, people passing by. He also asks not to break the fence if someone does this(((

ksetrad

Postby Kaios » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:56 pm

ksetrad wrote:Explain this point. Yesterday I just put up a palisade, shifted by a minimap from the previous place. "Maybe it will dry up." Today it was broken. However, I see no trace of the vandal. I have about 40k (per*exp). People already got a lot more stealth*int??? Or am I building something wrong that you can break fences without vandalism?

It's possible you can't see them I guess. As long as the claim is active and you aren't providing white permissions then I don't see any reason why the perpetrator would not leave scents.

40,000 exploration*perception is roughly around 200*200 so it is not unlikely that someone has higher stealth*intelligence than this at this point in a world. There does tend to be a bit of randomness to it, for example if you and the perpetrator both have relatively close levels of exp*per vs int*stealth there is still the possibility you won't see some or all of the scents occasionally.
Kaios

Postby dagrimreefah » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:56 pm

I'd wager this dude is just trying to bait white-knighting "justice rangers" into a trap 'I'm a hermit who built my own custom pvp client but I don't pvp and my heart is weak guys' lmfao get the fuck outta here bro good run tho ¦]
dagrimreefah

Postby gravesmerch » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:07 pm

ksetrad wrote:I settled on the very edge of the world]

I think if the land mass is small and you're close to the shore then you increase the chances of angering someone

I love to build on the corners of the map, but I feel this world is too small on the corners, maybe later when population is really small
gravesmerch

Postby DonVelD » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:14 pm

dagrimreefah wrote:I'd wager this dude is just trying to bait white-knighting "justice rangers" into a trap 'I'm a hermit who built my own custom pvp client but I don't pvp and my heart is weak guys' lmfao get the fuck outta here bro good run tho ¦]

not like i believe that guy but lets just say seeing if a sheep is shearable isnt a crucial info for pvping :)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby ksetrad » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:42 pm

dagrimreefah wrote:I'd wager this dude is just trying to bait white-knighting "justice rangers" into a trap 'I'm a hermit who built my own custom pvp client but I don't pvp and my heart is weak guys' lmfao get the fuck outta here bro good run tho ¦]

My PvP is an alarm when other players appear and navigate to them. This has saved my skull several times already and allowed me to run in the opposite direction.

ksetrad

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot