Scholar quests should have a max time limit

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Scholar quests should have a max time limit

Postby Pills » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:44 pm

I get that its supposed to be "hard", the hard part is typically getting a couple of each rando curiosity.

But right now the world is at the stage where i'm pretty much only logging in to continue with credo progress or feed animals and do the occasional dungeon or troll. Getting a quest like "Study a plush bat x8", a 10 day study quest basically just guarantees i'm not going to open the game more than twice in the next 10 days. even if I use contemplation on each one, thats still 5 days.

Credo progressing is one of the good things that can help keep people engaged, although in pevious worlds i typically would abandon anything longer than 4 days, idk, maybe its just me but I think there should be a limit to what it asks for, especially when you get a quest like this and abandoning it sometimes means you're losing 3-4 days progress. Its kind of shit.
Pills

Re: Scholar quests should have a max time limit

Postby Sevenless » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:54 pm

Why do you insist on doing larp credos and complaining about them?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Pills » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:02 pm

Sevenless wrote:Why do you insist on doing larp credos and complaining about them?

Scholar buffs are nice, the progress is rough, If you don't have anything constructive to actually add to the thread then don't waste your energy posting tbh.
Pills

Postby ItsFunToLose » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:09 am

Pills wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Why do you insist on doing larp credos and complaining about them?

I know scholars study lots of things. I wanna be a scholar, but I don't wanna study lots of things, so I'm gonna pout online about it and expect constructive feedback

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

Postby WowGain » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:10 pm

Scholar suffers from the same issues that Blacksmith and Wandering Sage do but to a greater extent
The amount of time and effort expended on completing the credo isn't nearly worth the benefits it gives.
A lot of the later credos could do with reworking the quests given similar to the mystic rework, and the rewards themselves need to feel a bit more substantive given how much it takes to achieve them.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Pills » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:45 pm

WowGain wrote:Scholar suffers from the same issues that Blacksmith and Wandering Sage do but to a greater extent
The amount of time and effort expended on completing the credo isn't nearly worth the benefits it gives.
A lot of the later credos could do with reworking the quests given similar to the mystic rework, and the rewards themselves need to feel a bit more substantive given how much it takes to achieve them.

Totally agree tbh, though I feel scholar suffers the worst with it.

I actually found sage relatively easy this world, so far though i'm almost 2 months (54 days) into scholar and only halfway through it at 11 quests per level.
So its probably going to be around 100-120 days in total to complete it. 1 third of a real year. That is simply just too long to expect from a player imo.

I think credos should have a set number of quests per level based on tier rather than scaling like they do, and some credos, like scholar, should have additional caps to prevent any one quest being absolutely unreasonable like an 11 day study quest
Pills

Postby Pills » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:56 pm

I'm currently 70 days into scholar, currently at 4/5 4/11.

This is just too long for a credo.
Pills

Return to Critique & Ideas