Can't log in where you logged out? Explanation in here!

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Can't log in where you logged out? Explanation in here!

Postby burgingham » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:55 pm

When you cannot log back in at the spot you logged out at this might have several reasons.

1.) You were carrying something. The liftable you carried will drop in the exact same spot you were standing when logging out, thus preventing you from spawning there again.

2.) You were sitting in a chair, a wagon or a boat (the last two seem to be a bit unclear. I usually was able to log back in on boats, but I have confirmed reports of people who were not. Might be because of a small shift in the location of the boat while logging out or something). Same explanation as above.

3.) You are on private property, that is a village claim or a private claim you have not full permission to be on. The game will not let you log back in because you would need criminal acts to be turned on to walk on said land.
burgingham

Re: Can't log in where you logged out? Explanation in here!

Postby Gentley » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 pm

1.) has been changed lately afaik. The stuff you carry will drop right next to you, not on the same spot you were standing( see "Barrel inside wall Topic").

2.) Boats: Manual log out: everythings fine. Crash/Disc/whatever: Game over.
Gentley

Postby Peren » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:46 pm

4.) Another Hearthling (or animal (not tested)) is standing in the exact spot that you logged out.

5.) Something has been placed or built where you logged out.

Gentley wrote:2.) Boats: Manual log out: everythings fine. Crash/Disc/whatever: Game over.

What happens? You spawn in the water?
Peren

Postby Sarge » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:16 pm

Peren wrote:
Gentley wrote:2.) Boats: Manual log out: everythings fine. Crash/Disc/whatever: Game over.

What happens? You spawn in the water?

No, you just can't log in from where you were logged out (crash) and have to log in from your HF.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby Peren » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Oh ok. As he said 'game over' I assumed he meant perma-death.

I wouldn't call having to log in at your HF game over. :)
Peren

Postby REWB » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:08 pm

No, this is not fixed, if your carrying something over your head and you get booted or there's a crash, your screwed man!

Please fix this logging problem, it is the way we get in and out of the game so it should be top on the list. Forget all the little thing's man! Do what need's to be done first! The type's of bread and clay etc are good for now dude! Fix the main logging of the game!

:mrgreen: End of rant.....
REWB

Postby burgingham » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:33 pm

Always keep in mind JLo are doing this game for their personal enjoyment first. So they are likely to work on stuff that is fun for them. You ranting will get you nowhere.
burgingham

Postby Onionfighter » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 am

Thanks for making this thread.
Cheerleader
Onionfighter

Postby Kahrik » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:39 pm

I was walking to my friends about 1,5 hour and then my client crashed, i couldn't log in where i logged of (crashed) so I loged in where my HF is, but i have to walk and walk all the time i lost all my seeds which were in the boat. Is there anything i can do to back to this place, i dont need to get those seeds but walking again is very boring, it's such a long way so i will have to go for aboout 2h beacuse i need boat to cross rivers... Pleas help me if u can.
Kahrik

Postby peri » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:52 am

I agree that this problem is really annoying, I have crashed (my computer is slightly unstable and hangs randomly) while sitting in a chair to regain stamina and been unable to log back into my last log in spot. This has happened at least 2 times. The only way I can log back in (and not lose my boat + items in it that I would if I logged in to my hearth fire) is to make an alt and move to where I was and move the chair I was sitting on before I can log in. This has wasted a few hours of my time. If the game can let you log out in a boat and come back, why cant it do the same for the chair and other objects?
peri

Return to Bugs