Various Ideas

Old C&I threads.

Re: Various Ideas

Postby niltrias » Sun May 31, 2009 12:46 pm

StarChaser wrote:I agree with pretty much everything you just said. I think out of all of the highest priority is foxes. They are bloody Carp with legs. D:

You think I managed to convince anyone of the awesome originality of the stone/iron dropping? nudge, nudge, wink wink.

Heh
niltrias

Postby StarChaser » Sun May 31, 2009 12:51 pm

I do think it is a good idea. The fact that I can find iron in EVEYTHING is a but silly. But I assume they will add that when we get more ores to mine. :)
StarChaser

Postby Potjeh » Sun May 31, 2009 1:06 pm

Regarding names: how about they pop out on mouseover if you know the persons name (would require some way to tell your name to someone)?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby theTrav » Sun May 31, 2009 1:10 pm

It's probably a bit exploitish, but for now you can right click someone, initiate a chat, and then you get their name in the chat window
theTrav

Postby Laremere » Sun May 31, 2009 1:42 pm

As for the random failure rate idea, I think you're trying to fix the result of a problem, not the actual problem. The problem lies in that until people level enough to get other means of leveling, that all they really can do is build mass amounts of baskets. I think the solution could better be either rearranging the skill tree to allow players to get to the more productive skills quicker and have the less necessary skills come after, or give other less spamy ways to allow new people to level.
Laremere

Postby Cejer » Sun May 31, 2009 1:55 pm

Hmm. Perhaps the game has room for a "practice" button next to the craft button. It uses the same number of resources, but doesn't produce a finished product. You'd probably want to give some extra experience for using it. Conceptually it represents playing around with the materials making and remaking an object until it falls apart.
Cejer

Postby niltrias » Sun May 31, 2009 3:02 pm

Cejer wrote:Hmm. Perhaps the game has room for a "practice" button next to the craft button. It uses the same number of resources, but doesn't produce a finished product. You'd probably want to give some extra experience for using it. Conceptually it represents playing around with the materials making and remaking an object until it falls apart.

I like this even more than my idea!
niltrias

Previous

Return to [ARCHIVE]Critique & Ideas